Sign in to follow this  
Guest lorenz1

Real Enviroment Pro RE: Landing Lights

I installed REP last night, great utility. I have noticed that the landing lights they supply are REALLY dim. Almost to the poing where you barely see them moving across the ground when it's dark. Has anyone else noticed this?

Did you read the read me file? It states how to set up the display options in your fs9.cfg file.Tim

Oops, I should have read more carefully your post. I responded thinking something else. Sorry.Tim

Guest allcott

If you have added any modifiers to your FS9.cfg you might want to remark them out.Allcott

I installed REPro. Best environmental upgrade for FS ever! and it's free.Just as far as the landing lights go. I didn't do the lights tweak in CFG. I find the landing light very nicely done on most aircrafts but one: LVD 767. It's dim to a point of being almost invisible. I guess LVD has some special tweak for landing light to correct the default one but now with the new one that comes with REPro the correction becomes an overkill.That's my guess.Thank you Tim. Great work!

>I installed REPro. Best environmental upgrade for FS ever!>and it's free.>>Just as far as the landing lights go. I didn't do the lights>tweak in CFG. I find the landing light very nicely done on>most aircrafts but one: LVD 767. It's dim to a point of being>almost invisible. I guess LVD has some special tweak for>landing light to correct the default one but now with the new>one that comes with REPro the correction becomes an overkill.>>That's my guess.>>Thank you Tim. Great work!>Thanks so much Windy :) I am thinking on doing an update for the light in question... only take a minute to do... so if I do it I will post it here. Thanks for the nice words :)Tim

Tim,I have my FS9 config settings showing .65 instead of .9 as it is my preference. I don't think that affects the brightness of the spotlight though. I too would like to see the aircraft spotlight a little brighter...I do love how it looks..just wish it was a bit brighter..thats all...please leave the shape of it how it is...great!

>Thanks so much Windy :) I am thinking on doing an update for>the light in question... only take a minute to do... so if I>do it I will post it here. Thanks for the nice words :)>>TimThanks Tim! I guess you don't quit making wonders for FS9.

I did follow install properly. It IS the LVLD 767 that has the dim lights, along with some of my addon aircraft. It must be something to do with them. It works fine with the PMDG747, and most of my other aircraft.

>Tim,>>I have my FS9 config settings showing .65 instead of .9 as it>is my preference. I don't think that affects the brightness of>the spotlight though. I too would like to see the aircraft>spotlight a little brighter...I do love how it looks..just>wish it was a bit brighter..thats all...please leave the shape>of it how it is...great!Erik please email me. timest999@yahoo.comThanks :)Tim

What other addon planes do you have this problem with? So far I only saw it on the 767. It's a shame that it doesn't work for the 767 because when the light works right it looks REALLY good. I'm sure it's easy for Tim to fix as he said, although I spent an hour without even being able to figure out the basis of how the spotlight works, non-speaking of fixing the 767 myself.dumb dumb...Jason

Guest neiljay66

{Did you read the read me file? It states how to set up the display options in your fs9.cfg file}And where exactly do i find this file? Excuse my ignorance.Neil.

>{Did you read the read me file? It states how to set up the>display options in your fs9.cfg file}>>And where exactly do i find this file? Excuse my ignorance.>>Neil.Neil I was referring to the help file in the GUI of REP. Also, the read me is included in the download, as well as located in the install folder of REPTim

Guest neiljay66

Wow.. thanks for the quick response tim!The package is great by the way.However I cannot find the fs9.cfg file. Is it in fs9 root folder?Neil.

>Wow.. thanks for the quick response tim!>The package is great by the way.>>However I cannot find the fs9.cfg file. Is it in fs9 root>folder?>>Neil.Sure here it is:C:Documents and SettingsYOUR NAMEApplication DataMicrosoftFS9Tim :)

>What other addon planes do you have this problem with? So>far I only saw it on the 767. It's a shame that it doesn't>work for the 767 because when the light works right it looks>REALLY good. I'm sure it's easy for Tim to fix as he said,>although I spent an hour without even being able to figure out>the basis of how the spotlight works, non-speaking of fixing>the 767 myself.>>dumb dumb...>>JasonJust email me and I will send you a revised spotlight file :)timest999@yahoo.com and reference SPOTLIGHT :)Tim

Windy,I have the same issue with my LDS 763. That light sure does look purdy on my other a/c though :)

>What other addon planes do you have this problem with? So>far I only saw it on the 767. It's a shame that it doesn't>work for the 767 because when the light works right it looks>REALLY good. I'm sure it's easy for Tim to fix as he said,>although I spent an hour without even being able to figure out>the basis of how the spotlight works, non-speaking of fixing>the 767 myself.>>dumb dumb...>>JasonOverlands? MD-11 to name one, I haven't gone through all my aircraft, but those two stood out so far.

>Just email me and I will send you a revised spotlight file :)> TimJust emailed you at...say 6:44 EST. Let's see how quick is your customer responding time. ::::)))))))))))Just kidding. Thanks a million Tim. That's a FAST fix!Jason

The problem with the light looking for lack of a better term, "not right" is I think aircraft dependent. On the PSS757...looks real good. On the PSS 777, the spotlight shows up (when clicking the taxi light on the 777) way way down the taxiway making it look very unrealistic (shame too as she is my primary long haul plane). It's not Tim's fault, its just the way the light was modeled by the developer and coded into the plane.

Is there a way to make the landing lights not wide? On some planes, they are so wide that it looks so fake with that triangular shap.Just curious to know.Thanks,Bill

So this is the new landing light I got from Tim. He has made it brighter, resulting in a clearly visible landing light for LVD767. It was almost invisible before this update. LVD landing light will always be dimmer than most others due to how the aircraft was developed. So I think this is about as good a tradeoff point as possible.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/157274.jpg

Guest lorenz1

Hello,I installed this great tool last night - and I really like what I see butit seems that I have a different problem with my landing lights.I am using the 737 PIC from Wilco and can't anymore switch on landing lights in the overhead panel - only by pressing "L".Does anyone else have the same problem?How could it be solved?I am not 100% sure whether this comes from Real Environment Pro - cause I installed short before Service-Pack-2 for 737 PIC and hadn't test a night flight. I posted it also here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...&mesg_id=351770Thanks Tim - Super Work - Lorenz