Sign in to follow this  
SledDriver

2 days, 2 flights, 2 CTD's, all since Win10 1909 it seems

1 minute ago, SledDriver said:

I think it's irresponsible to suggest to someone who's technical ability you have no idea about that they should enter into running low level system commands like DISM, and that even before you have any idea what the actual problem is

For an inexperienced user that is more like to cause problems than solve them.

I'm not hostile at all. But I am protective of the inexperienced.

Next time, one of us will get out our crystal ball, and tell you exactly what caused your problem. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Anyone else have issues with black screen flashing sometimes.

on driver 441.20?

thanks 

mike

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Next time, one of us will get out our crystal ball, and tell you exactly what caused your problem. 

Don't be stupid.

You could have asked questions if you really wanted to be productive.

Throwing out random global fix-all solutions is not helpful.

But that's the problem with forums. People sometimes pop up trying to look clever without taking the time to ascertain either the full nature of the problem or the risk of the solution they are proposing.

If I had obliviously followed the suggestion to run DISM on my machine, it would not of helped at all. The problem seems to have been with Environment Force.

1 minute ago, mikeymike said:

Anyone else have issues with black screen flashing sometimes.

on driver 441.20?

thanks 

mike

No flashing here on 441.20 or 441.08 previously.

(Maybe try running DISM? 😉 )

Just now, SledDriver said:

No flashing here on 441.20 or 441.08 previously.

(Maybe try running DISM? 😉 )

Thanks for the reply,

DISM ??

mike

3 minutes ago, SledDriver said:

Don't be stupid.

But that's the problem with forums. People sometimes pop up trying to look clever without taking the time to ascertain either the full nature of the problem or the risk of the solution they are proposing.

If I had obliviously followed the suggestion to run DISM on my machine, it would not of helped at all. The problem seems to have been with Environment Force.

I did ask you a question, which you didn't answer. You need to take some pills and calm down. You sound like you are about to go over the edge. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 minutes ago, SledDriver said:

Don't be stupid.

actually  it  wasn't  bob  who  was  throwing  out  random suggestions, it  was  Rob  think he  knows  what he is  talking  about,  and  since  you  didn't  reply  to his  only  one  question  he  had  asked

Edited by pete_auau
  • Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

46 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

actually  it  wasn't  bob  who  was  throwing  out  random suggestions, it  was  Rob  think he  knows  what he is  talking  about,  and  since  you  didn't  reply  to his  only  one  question  he  had  asked

Ok. Sorry Bob. But no need for pills here. I'm fine and the system is fixed.

My general point stands about others making suggestions which are not properly researched, especially stuff which could affect the entire system, not just the sim. You always have to assume the other party might not have a clue when giving out advice.

I had a simple CTD, and the reply I got involved me going in to the system BIOS and unclocking the machine etc! 😨

On a machine which has run rock solid for 2 years.

Edited by SledDriver
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, SledDriver said:

My general point stands about others making suggestions which are not properly researched, especially stuff which could affect the entire system, not just the sim. You always have to assume the other party might not have a clue when giving out advice.

I had a simple CTD, and the reply I got involved me going in to the system BIOS and unclocking the machine etc! 😨

On a machine which has run rock solid for 2 years.

Considering the suggestions were from Rob A., you may want to reconsider. I would argue Rob has forgotten more about computers than about 95% of us here ever knew. As far as unclocking, if one is smart about it they've saved a barebones BIOS, so unclocking is simply a matter of restarting and selecting a different BIOS profile. You can bash those that offer suggestions all you want, but I think it's pretty poor form. After all, you were the one that asked for help.

Kind Regards,

• Like 3

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

4 hours ago, SledDriver said:

Thanks to those who answered the original 2 questions asked and didn't give a dissertation on how to maintain a PC, which I have over 35 years experience of professionally.

I’d suggest the next time you make a post with an issue like this one, preface it by saying “I have 35 years years of experience and don’t want any suggestions for a fix or help.” We  have no idea what your experience level is and Rob was just trying to help.

Since no other assistance appears to be required I’m going to lock the topic before it goes any further south.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator