Sign in to follow this  
whitav8

HP Reverb Consumer Version for $499

I was hoping that I would get the Reverb but I already bought the Odyssey+ for $225. Well below half the Price of the Reverb. I expect the reverb is only marginally better.

Is the consumer version better for P3D or the professional version?

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

@SKEWR,

The consumer version is the same HMD except it has a cloth facepad instead of a simulated leather one. The pro version has a somewhat better warranty as well.

Mine has worked very well and seems like an HD monitor view which is perfect for clarity inside an airliner. I can easily read the center EICAS displays as well as use the CDU display of the flight management system for entering / observing the flightplan route WITHOUT leaning in.

@Avidean

I started a year ago with the Odyssey+ (still have it) and with the latest improvements of the WMR portal / SteamVR betas and SuperSampling set at 2200x2600 or so, it does pretty well - the OLED displays are vibrant and very minimal SDE. The only issue I was having with it was reading various displays in an airliner ( Aerofly FS2 Q400 or P3D QW787 for example ) like the CDU and EICAS and also the edges of the outside scene like buildings and static aircraft were somewhat blurred. Other aircraft - especially those with "steam gauges" are certainly clear enough. I bought the Reverb thinking I might return it if the clarity really wasn't better - but it is. I am just happy for you to get started in VR - it was a game changer for me. My career has been flight simulation (I'm also a private pilot) building expensive cockpits with high-end PCs driving the outside scenery - but now VR is even better - I'm actually INSIDE the aircraft swiveling my head around to see the view looking out the side window. You do have to have a 5Ghz PC and a RTX2070 or equivalent though. Enjoy the Holidays!

Edited by whitav8

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

I have the consumer version.  The cloth face pad is very comfortable and seems well made.  The Reverb is literally near monitor quality.  Naturally I got mine two weeks ago long before the sale.