Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

La Guardia

Which of the 2 versions of KLGA available is most current in terms of the real world terminal layout?  Thanks

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

The ImagineSim is actually representative of the final planned terminal configuration.  The other one is obsolete.

Dan Downs KCRP

5 minutes ago, downscc said:

The ImagineSim is actually representative of the final planned terminal configuration.  The other one is obsolete.

Which one is 'the other one'? If you mean DD, isn't it portraying exactly the same thing as IS? Which is to say, LGA after the construction is done?

I will add that IS's LGA looks a whole lot nicer than DD's, which is the one I have. I don't really fly there because the textures are quite simplistic and the airport looks a little bare - which is all because they are trying to model something which isn't complete yet!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

This doesn’t exactly answer your question, but I’ve got the DD version and don’t like it very much. Can’t comment on the imaginesim offering since I don’t have it. 

Orman

I like the IS one.  Though when flying to that part of the country I most often pick FlyTampa Boston.  But the last flight out of LGA was a real joy.  Did the Whitestone climb departure in a 777-200LR headed to Montreal!

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Both are current as of 2024. The DD version is less impactful on performance, while the IS version is visually superior.

Decide what matters more to you as they are both well made and priced fairly.

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

Imaginesim's LGA is missing the new Easterly Terminal building which has just about completed construction and is visible from the GCP.  don't know what else might be missing.  Just saying

That’s what I don’t like about imaginesim. Other than atl they seem to never update their products. Also no forum. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next