Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

A confirmation that 3rd party aircraft will fly FS20 skies

From the horse's mouth, in the same Sebastian's interview in XBOXYGEN (see my other thread about FPS and hardware)

Xboxygen: ... And with regard to the available planes, for example, will you have big pieces like the A380 or the Antonov 225?

Asobo: We have a lot of planes planned. There is the license side, everything has to be ready, and you have to show what it looks like because it is not interesting to say that there is a plane without showing it. The list is growing and things happen regularly.

Xboxygen: Does that mean we could have new ones [aircraft]  after the release of the game?

Asobo: There is also the fact that Flight Simulator has always supported third-party planes, and that's something that stays. So even if they are not planes made by us, we can imagine that there could be anything and everything since third parties can create.

Two conclusions : 3rd party aircraft but also that every aircraft we see in the teasers will be in the sim

Again translation by Google, marginally corrected by me.

Edited by domkle
  • Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

35 minutes ago, domkle said:

Asobo: There is also the fact that Flight Simulator has always supported third-party planes, and that's something that stays. So even if they are not planes made by us, we can imagine that there could be anything and everything since third parties can create

Well if they have made a categorical statement about aircraft and third party development, the scope for 3PD must be much broader.  

17 minutes ago, Superdelphinus said:

Sounds like they are not planning to develop post-release 1st party planes? 

Put you in the skin of somebody who has painstakingly developed a new architecture of flight that he knows inside out and that he has implemented for half a dozen of default aircraft. 

To think that he sees an opportunity to make further money with DLC aircraft is not a stretch of the imagination. 

40 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Well if they have made a categorical statement about aircraft and third party development, the scope for 3PD must be much broader.  

Indeed. Airports come to mind.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

So third party devs will re code there aircraft to take advantage of the environmental affect in MSFS over a thousand I think they said, or will it be FSX type on rails. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

10 minutes ago, rjfry said:

So third party devs will re code there aircraft to take advantage of the environmental affect in MSFS over a thousand I think they said, or will it be FSX type on rails. 

Ask them but I do know which ones I will buy.

Dominique

PMDG has already said it is going to sell the 737....and stated a possible price. There were hints of more too.

Edited by harrry
  • Like 1

Harry Woodrow

Both P3D and X-plane essentially left us with default aircraft that went largely untouched, with the exception of a few minor updates here and there.  Same could be said of almost every previous iteration of FS over the years.  I can care less.  In fact, most default aircraft have been lousy, and we couldn't wait to get our hands on addons as they became available.  I'm not suggesting that the same will happen with FS2020, but I'm happy to let them focus on things like weather and environment, scenery, traffic, etc...  I just hope that developers have enough lead time to get their planes ready so we don't have to wait months to years for them to become available after release.

As far as the scope of P3D- I think it has always been a very limited niche, partly because it's so expensive and exclusive.  Exclusive in the sense that it was never intended to be entertainment, rather a training tool.  X-plane on the other hand is used by a wider audience.  It's much cheaper, and it doesn't require a lot of expensive addons to make it look good (with the exception of weather and seasons).  On the other hand, P3D weather and environmental rendering is awful too.  I think that Asobo has identified limitations in both platforms and learned what the community really wants, something that both LM and LR have consistently failed to do. 

What I expect is that some aircraft will work in MSFS, and we will have to wait a little while for the addon train to come along.  It's just par for the course.  Developers work one platform until it becomes redundant and dated before developers start on another.  I for one am happy to get rid of both platforms and support the development of MSFS if what we've been seeing is really what's going to be available out of the box.  In fact, I'm not sure I would want addons that have been ported over. 

Most of the default aircraft IN p3D were from commercial developers such as Carenado which were maybe not their top sellers but were straight from their catalogues.

Harry Woodrow

2 hours ago, domkle said:

To think that he sees an opportunity to make further money with DLC aircraft is not a stretch of the imagination. 

I hope and expect that Asobo/MS continue to make aircraft DLC and maybe other things as well but I get the feeling they will choose to hang back a bit for a while to encourage the 3rd party market.  Its a symbiotic relationship.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.