Sign in to follow this  
stayyn

GTN750/650 Prepar3dv4.5 Does not work! (resolved)

18 minutes ago, stayyn said:

@fppilot

Yes I changed the recommended dircection of the Garmin Trainer from my C-Drive to the D-Drive on which also my simulator (P3d) is installed. So the Garmin Trainer, the RXP Folder aswell as Prepar3d is on the same drive.

If I open the Garmin Trainer. the GTN works totally fine with the NavData and so on, but sadly not in my simulator.

I would suggest uninstalling the Garmin trainer, and reinstalling it to its default location.

Bert

@stayyn What Bert said.

I always install the RXP and Garmin products to their default locations. My P3D is on a different drive thou.

Also have a look in your documents folder for the RXP log files and see what they say.

• Like 1

@BillS511

I now reinstalled the whole GTN750 + Garmin Training Software and changed nothing at the install-locations, but the GTN750 still doesn't show any Navdata and if I click on flight data log it still just shows the message "Flight data log export failed".

Not quiet sure what you mean by RXP log files, but if  I go to the direction C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases there's still nothing in the "logs" or "logs_ext" folder.

Absolutly no idea what's the problem, cause in the Garmin Trainer it still shows Waypoints and everythnig just in the simulator there's absolutly no Navdata.

1 hour ago, stayyn said:

Not quiet sure what you mean by RXP log files, but if  I go to the direction C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases there's still nothing in the "logs" or "logs_ext" folder.

C:\Users\***\Documents There are RXP log files in this location. Open with notepad.

Are you running an anti virus program?

29 minutes ago, BillS511 said:

C:\Users\***\Documents There are RXP log files in this location. Open with notepad.

It looks like this (picture 1,2,3) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xp2nuts6akwlh9k/AAD-yYPaM1l6V0rV_ZWXpe-Ba?dl=0

In the RXP Folder there's only the "RealityXP.GTN" Filte which says:

Spoiler

; -------------------------------------------------------------------
; Reality XP Keyboard Shortcuts Configuration File v2.0 (FltSim)
;
; NB: refer to the product user's manual for more information.
;
; List of 'Named Event' and their keyboard 'Key' shortcuts.
;
; Define a shortcut:
;
;   write the 'Key' and optional 'Modifier(s)' after the '=' sign.
;   for example, binding the event 'TOGGLE_WINDOW' with 'CTRL'+'SHIFT'+'T':
;
;   TOGGLE_WINDOW = CTRL+SHIFT+T
;
; Disable a shortcut:
;
;   leave the line empty after the '=' sign.
;
; Valid keyboard 'Key':
;
;   F1 to F24, 0 to 9, A to Z, NUMPAD0 to NUMPAD9, SPACE,
;   LEFT, UP, RIGHT, DOWN, PAGEUP, PAGEDOWN, END, HOME, BACK, TAB,
;   RETURN, ESCAPE, CLEAR, SELECT, PRINT, EXECUTE, SNAPSHOT, HELP,
;   INSERT, DELETE, MULTIPLY, ADD, SEPARATOR, SUBTRACT, NUMPADDOT, DIVIDE,
;   BROWSER_BACK, BROWSER_FORWARD, BROWSER_REFRESH, BROWSER_STOP,
;   BROWSER_SEARCH, BROWSER_FAVORITES, BROWSER_HOME,
;   LAUNCH_MAIL, LAUNCH_MEDIA_SELECT, LAUNCH_APP1, LAUNCH_APP2,
;   MEDIA_NEXT_TRACK, MEDIA_PREV_TRACK, MEDIA_STOP, MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE,
;   VOLUME_MUTE, VOLUME_DOWN, VOLUME_UP,
;
; Supports any combination of the following 'Modifiers':
;
;   ALT + CTRL + SHIFT + WIN
;

[SHORTCUTS]
TOGGLE_WINDOW_1 = ALT+SHIFT+1
DTO_1 =
HOME_1 =
VOL_PUSH_1 =
VOL_CCW_1 =
VOL_CW_1 =
FMS_PUSH_1 =
FMS_OUTER_CCW_1 =
FMS_OUTER_CW_1 =
FMS_INNER_CCW_1 =
FMS_INNER_CW_1 =
CDI_SOURCE_1 =
OBS_MODE_1 =
TAWS_INHIBIT_1 =
MARK_ON_TARGET_1 =
TOGGLE_WINDOW_2 =
DTO_2 =
HOME_2 =
VOL_PUSH_2 =
VOL_CCW_2 =
VOL_CW_2 =
FMS_PUSH_2 =
FMS_OUTER_CCW_2 =
FMS_OUTER_CW_2 =
FMS_INNER_CCW_2 =
FMS_INNER_CW_2 =
CDI_SOURCE_2 =
OBS_MODE_2 =
TAWS_INHIBIT_2 =
MARK_ON_TARGET_2 =
RXP_GPS_MASTER_DEVICE_0 =
RXP_GPS_MASTER_DEVICE_1 =
RXP_GPS_MASTER_DEVICE_2 =
RXP_GPS_MASTER_DEVICE_NEXT =

Not running an antivirus programm.

34 minutes ago, BillS511 said:

Or do you mean in the direction "documents"? I found there also the files:

rspGTN.gau

Spoiler

19/12/14 19:29:40.589 01304 -    ] # rxpGTN.dll version 2.5.21.1
19/12/14 19:29:40.589 01304 INFO ]

rxpGTN_menu.dell

Spoiler

19/12/12 17:31:41.488 15720 -    ] # rxpGTN_menu.dll version 2.5.21.0
19/12/12 17:31:41.493 15720 INFO ] edit panel: C:\Users\Nicolas\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_Piper_PA28_180_Cherokee\panel\panel.cfg

rxpGtnSim.dll

Spoiler

19/12/14 19:29:43.134 01304 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.21.1
19/12/14 19:29:43.134 01304 INFO ]
19/12/14 19:29:44.869 01304 ERROR] no device available for GTN 650.1

3 hours ago, stayyn said:

Or do you mean in the direction "documents"? I found there also the files:

Those are the correct ones. Use explorer options to unhide the file extensions.
4bj4wOr.png

3 hours ago, stayyn said:

ERROR] no device available for GTN 650.1

Did you reinstall the 650? To the default location?
Did the E-Commerce installer create the license files? You should have 2. Default location C:\RealityXP

lEMfVBa.png

9 hours ago, BillS511 said:

Those are the correct ones. Use explorer options to unhide the file extensions.
4bj4wOr.png

Did you reinstall the 650? To the default location?
Did the E-Commerce installer create the license files? You should have 2. Default location C:\RealityXP

lEMfVBa.png

Alright so I unhide the file extensions and now the files look the same as yours (of course with the same content as i filed above).

I'm not sure what you mean with the GTN650. I only bought from the website the rxp GTN750 and there was only one installer and I also only got a product-key for the GTN750. At the Garmin-Trainer I also installed the GTN650 but I think this is normal cause I think you cannnot only install the 750.

I didn't found these license files... I found the Reality XP Folder under C:\ProgramData\Reality XP which shows this https://www.dropbox.com/s/rquc31khrl6lasx/rxp folder.JPG?dl=0

Also found on my D:Drive a second folder which is also named Reality XP which looks like this https://www.dropbox.com/s/zshbpv17qnoaqnp/rxp folder 2.JPG?dl=0

I got only a license file from the purchase called "...-rexprxp-gtn750-fs.key".

2 minutes ago, BillS511 said:

@stayyn

The 750 and 650 are 2 separate purchases. http://reality-xp.com/index.html#pricing  

Alright but anyway the GTN750 which I tried to install in my A2A Cherokee should work even if I didn't bought the GTN650 right?

And thats my main problem that even the GTN750 doesn't work (Navdata problem).

GTN750 works without the GTN650.

As for the Navdata problem something is blocking it from working or installation failed somewhere.

If your GTN Garmin trainer shows the Navdata correctly then something in your Reality XP GTN750 installation went wrong.

2 minutes ago, BillS511 said:

GTN750 works without the GTN650.

As for the Navdata problem something is blocking it from working or installation failed somewhere.

If your GTN Garmin trainer shows the Navdata correctly then something in your Reality XP GTN750 installation went wrong.

Alright so it probably would be good just to reinstall everything again (A2A Cherokee & RXP GTN750)?

I also realized that I wasn't running the latest version of the A2A Cherokee 180. Could this be the problem?

18 minutes ago, stayyn said:

I also realized that I wasn't running the latest version of the A2A Cherokee 180. Could this be the problem?

You should have a program under A2A called Cherokee Check for updates P3Dv4 That will update the Cherokee. Go to Windows Control Panel-Uninstall a Program and uninstall the Reality 750.

Reboot computer. Run the E-Comerce installer to reinstall. Select your Key file. "...-rexprxp-gtn750-fs.key". Then Validate. When the Browse for folder shows up there will be a C:\Reality XP folder highlighted (this is the default location), click ok. Do not change to another folder. C:\RealityXP is where the Reality XP GTN 750 installer (rxpGTN-FSIM-Setup.exe) will extract to. And also where the RXP-GTN750-FS.lic will go to. The installer will run automatically.

8 minutes ago, BillS511 said:

You should have a program under A2A called Cherokee Check for updates P3Dv4 That will update the Cherokee. Go to Windows Control Panel-Uninstall a Program and uninstall the Reality 750.

Reboot computer. Run the E-Comerce installer to reinstall. Select your Key file. "...-rexprxp-gtn750-fs.key". Then Validate. When the Browse for folder shows up there will be a C:\Reality XP folder highlighted (this is the default location), click ok. Do not change to another folder. C:\RealityXP is where the Reality XP GTN 750 installer (rxpGTN-FSIM-Setup.exe) will extract to. And also where the RXP-GTN750-FS.lic will go to. The installer will run automatically.

Okay thanks i will try!

But currently i don't have that "check for updates" option, because i bought the Cherokee in A2A's old store and it looks like I first have to write them a message to transfer my Cherokee from their old store to the new one.

But I'll try when the transfer is completed and I can update the Cherokee.

Thanks so far!

3 minutes ago, stayyn said:

because i bought the Cherokee in A2A's old store and it looks like I first have to write them a message to transfer my Cherokee from their old store to the new one.

Yes, you were out of date. Let us know how it goes.

You can still uninstall and reinstall the 750 as per my instructions above.

• Like 1