Sign in to follow this  
louis8m

Using the GTN750

8 hours ago, simba_nl said:

I loved to fly on VATSIM with the GTN especially in the 300 with the GTN mod downloaded from the F1 library,

still a old one so I hope that the new one as mentioned above will come very soon available in the library but there is no need for stress for using the Phenom and the GTN750 on vatsim.

The only 2 things you have to keep in mind when flying the 300 on vatsim are (not related to the GTN) there is NO auto-throttle so making VOR/DME or ILS approaches without loosing the lock is to keep up the correct speeds and angle of attack for holding the Glideslope

Happy landings

Yes, keeping the speeds to keep the track is challenging but PFD indications help, till now I could manage it. My problem is when you receive from controller a certain way point, or arrival, or approach and that is not in the GTN (for example Nice LFMN, there I think I could not find some but I am not 100% sure). And in short time to edit it manually point by point can lead to some issues in following the controller indications in time or properly.

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

8 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I had similar problems and switched to Reality XP. 

Flight1 was not able to help me through my problems..  :huh:

Thanks Bert. Than there's no issues with the RXP version? Also do you have a mod for it?

Regards,

Fred Fleuren

2 hours ago, Fearless said:

Thanks Bert. Than there's no issues with the RXP version? Also do you have a mod for it?

It works well for me.. that is all I can say.. :happy:

Bert

The problem is not caused by the mods, it is a problem with the the recent January Flight 1 update. From Flight 1 support forums, a lot of people (myself included) cannot get the display screen, although the bezel programming and the standalone GTN Trainer v6.62.0.0 work OK.

If you have a backup of the previous version(s) of F1 GTN and the corresponding Garmin PC Trainer software, install those until F1 resolves the problem, or you run out of patience and switch to Reality XP.

Reality, If you are out there, how about enticing  F1 GTN registered users with a discount on the purchase of your GTN product. There are a lot of grounded GTN aircraft at this moment.

Regards,

Jorge

i9 10900KF 5.3 \ ASUS Maximus Hero XII \ GigaByte RTX 2080Ti GAMING OC 11GB \ 32GB G.SKILL Z DDR4 3200MHZ \ ASUS ROG 34" UHD monitor\
Samsung 950 PRO M.2 NVME 500GB C Drive \ 4 - 1TB Samsung 860 EVO \ Windows 10 PRO v2004 \ P3DV4.5 \ P3DV5 \ MSFS 2020 PD Ed. \
Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder 1600M FCS \ Saitek Pro PZ45 Throttle Quadrant \ Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Received a new GTN Complete file from Flight1 Support and the GTN now functions with the latest Garmin Trainer.

Bert's GTN Mod works great. The only issue I now have is the Prodigy System Instruments on the MFD next to the GTN after a short while disappear and shows a message  Initializing System. Any ideas?

The PFD functions normally apart from I can no longer press the Push STD sweetspot on the PFD to set the BARO on STD setting. I Have FSX.SE.

20200202092130-1.jpg 

Edited by Fearless

Regards,

Fred Fleuren

There is a timer involved here... are you possibly changing the system/simulator time?

Bert

7 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

There is a timer involved here... are you possibly changing the system/simulator time?

Not really... I change system/sim time prior to pressing the Fly Now. button. Having said that, It appears to have fixed itself after restarting FSX but I still can no longer press the Push STD sweet spot on the PFD to set the BARO on STD setting.

Also I had some instances where the GTN screen froze up so I had to reload the aircraft to make it active again.

Regards,

Fred Fleuren

On 2/3/2020 at 3:23 AM, Bert Pieke said:

Sounds like you are making progress!

:happy:

Thanks Bert but how can I get the Push STD Baro Sweet spot on the PFD to work?

Regards,

Fred Fleuren

I will have a look..

Edit... Which Sweet spot were you using?  I do not see anything useful in the PFD code, although a BARO knob push could be added..

Please be as specific as possible!

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

does the RXP GTN 750 work in virtual cockpit on the 300s? is it clickable or do you have to use it in popup window mode? I haven't had much luck as most the info is for setting up the Flight 1 GTN vs the RXP.

It works in the VC, and Flight1 or RXP both work equally..

Any airplane that is configured for Flight1 can be transformed to use the RXP GTN, using the Addons RXP dropdown app in my experience.  My whole fleet has been changed to RXP without any hickups, except for the buttons/knobs on the bezel which may be coded specifically for Flight1 mouse commands and need a little helper xml gauge to work in the VC.

Bert

Thank you, got it sorted the other day. Now just wish you can have the phenom follow the assigned altitudes specified in the waypoint in the GTN FLT PLN

4 hours ago, DavidT811 said:

Now just wish you can have the phenom follow the assigned altitudes specified in the waypoint in the GTN FLT PLN

Just to make sure. ALT/FL selection has always to be performed manually. You definitely don't want to aircraft to change its altitude on its own.

You need to set the target ALT/FL in the window according to your clearance which should match the FLT PLN altitude.

Once this is confirmed you can initiate the climb/descend, or depending on the aircraft, monitor the aircraft starting the climb/descent automatically.