Sign in to follow this  
Scottoest

Any Reaction to the Alpha Yet?

So, let me start by saying that this thread is not asking anyone here to break an NDA.

My purpose to this thread, is to see if anyone has heard anything second- or third-hand, about how the alpha client is being received.  We are talking very broadly here - "reception is really positive! people are loving it!" or "there have been serious performance/stability issues reported!" etc.

I'm just curious if anyone here has heard anything about how it is going, and what the reaction has been.

If even asking this is out-of-bounds, then please feel free to close the topic.  But I'm hopefully (?) speaking broadly enough here.

• Like 2

Trust me I am in the same boat and also want to know if it is THAT good but I am afraid Tech Alpha participants are bound by NDA to not say a word regarding the Alpha. There were a few leaks on reddit but the posts got taken down extremely fast. So I assume no one has any info regarding the alpha apart from the participants themselves. People are extremely cautious about not leaking anything even on the closed facebook group that I am in. One thing I can confirm from a source(tech alpha participant answered someone's question on reddit)is that the participants are going ham at testing the Alpha and they are providing a TON of feedback on the forum hence the insane number of post count each day. 

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

Just point me in the direction of the leaks

• Like 3

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

We could argue that giving a short opinion like "good/bad" doesn't reveal anything about the game. I mean if someone says the scenery is good/bad, without giving details, it's not really a leak since he doesn't reveal any specific information, it's just a personal opinion.

I saw a leak by a guy who included a couple videos (heavily cut to hide watermarks), all deleted by now. Guy talked about a flight in bad weather he did and was overwhelmingly positive about it. Physics, weather feel and visual representation, scary looming vertical clouds. Performance was great on his machine, but understandably no specs were given. A particular thing he said that i really liked is that the weather depiction and its effects on the plane are so convincing that he started looking up the weather not just as an exercise to be realistic, but because he was legitimately worried he would lose control and crash if he flew in something he should have not.

He also mentioned a bug, but i'm not going to explain it because i don't want to risk him becoming identifiable. He said he reported it already.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, cepact said:

We could argue that giving a short opinion like "good/bad" doesn't reveal anything about the game. I mean if someone says the scenery is good/bad, without giving details, it's not really a leak since he doesn't reveal any specific information, it's just a personal opinion.

Possibly, but I don't want to ask anyone to take that risk. 

If there is a ton of feedback, then there are at least many hundreds kilo of bugs. I guess we will see a release not earlier than 2021.

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

2 minutes ago, roarkr said:

If there is a ton of feedback, then there are at least many hundreds kilo of bugs. I guess we will see a release not earlier than 2021.

Could also be alpha testers sharing experiences

1 minute ago, roarkr said:

It's probably more than just bugs - feedback, comments, maybe just people enthusiastically talking about their experiences in general.

That, or it's a hellscape of people talking about how we've all been woefully misled and it's awful, and they are physically pained that their NDA renders them unable to warn the rest of the world of what they have seen.

It can literally only be one of those two things.  Literally. 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scottoest said:

It's probably more than just bugs - feedback, comments, maybe just people enthusiastically talking about their experiences in general.

That, or it's a hellscape of people talking about how we've all been woefully misled and it's awful, and they are physically pained that their NDA renders them unable to warn the rest of the world of what they have seen.

With how these things work, if it was terrible we would have already heard more by now. People tend to be more willing to respect NDAs if the product is good.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Just point me in the direction of the leaks

All deleted. There was a main menu screenshot which looked fantastic. They basically have access to the entire globe I assume. In the same thread another dude posted a pic of cessna flying along a coastline and the waves were jaw dropping.

• Like 1

Baber

5 minutes ago, nikita said:

With how these things work, if it was terrible we would have already heard more by now. People tend to be more willing to respect NDAs if the product is good.

Opening the Forums up to them was a smart move since when things are really good people tend to want to gush about it as well so at least they have a secure outlet to do that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Scottoest said:

A guy on facebook confirmed that the response has been overwhelmingly positive and its mostly screenshots lol. There is even a dedicated screenshot thread.

Baber

15 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

Trust me I am in the same boat and also want to know if it is THAT good but I am afraid Tech Alpha participants are bound by NDA to not say a word regarding the Alpha. There were a few leaks on reddit but the posts got taken down extremely fast. So I assume no one has any info regarding the alpha apart from the participants themselves. People are extremely cautious about not leaking anything even on the closed facebook group that I am in. One thing I can confirm from a source(tech alpha participant answered someone's question on reddit)is that the participants are going ham at testing the Alpha and they are providing a TON of feedback on the forum hence the insane number of post count each day. 

was that on r/flightsim ? 

couldn't find any deleted threads describing what you've seen

https://snew.notabug.io/r/flightsim/new/

I don't have access to any of the TAs so my feedback is based on what I've seen been leaked on various forums.

The feedback is overwhelmingly positive, everything from how it performs on current hardware i.e very high frame rates with high settings and on high resolution  to how it looks and feels.

It would be nice if MS opened up the forums to all insiders regardless of if they have access to the TAs yet - this would be a better way of discussing topics like this rather than having to skirt around the details.

• Like 9