airbusa

[Resolved] Missing landing lights

Dear Simbol,

I realized, that for the following models the landing lights are missing:

FAIB Airbus
A3180/319/319S/320/320Neo/320S/321/321Neo/321S

FAIB Boeing
B762/B763/763W

Rest FAIB 737 family and 747 family is fine.

What is the function of the file FSRLPMBKP.INI in every aircraft folder?

Many thanks and best regards

Oliver

2 minutes ago, airbusa said:

Dear Simbol,

I realized, that for the following models the landing lights are missing:

FAIB Airbus
A3180/319/319S/320/320Neo/320S/321/321Neo/321S

FAIB Boeing
B762/B763/763W

Rest FAIB 737 family and 747 family is fine.

What is the function of the file FSRLPMBKP.INI in every aircraft folder?

Many thanks and best regards

Oliver

Check your FAIB fuel configuration. If You have Center tank 1 disabled and other fuel parameters missing the landing lights don't operate.

This is how FAIB models work. Redownload the base models and use the fuel section used there.

Regards,

Simbol 

Guest Cpt Bambi 2
37 minutes ago, simbol said:

Check your FAIB fuel configuration. If You have Center tank 1 disabled and other fuel parameters missing the landing lights don't operate.

This is how FAIB models work. Redownload the base models and use the fuel section used there.

Regards,

Simbol 

I'm having the same problem, i don't understand your fix, where and how do you see this fuel config?

Also how do you go about re down loading the base models?

1 hour ago, Cpt Bambi 2 said:

I'm having the same problem, i don't understand your fix, where and how do you see this fuel config?

Also how do you go about re down loading the base models?

From FAIB website which is the developer of these models.

Surely you downloaded it from there no? If you read the instructions of these models it explains how to override lighting behaviors by altering the Aircraft.cfg fuel section.

In order to make all FAIB models to work as per P3D SDK guidelines you need to have the fuel section configured as per default as it comes from the original developer.

If you are using 3rd party packages that are re-using these models and they override the fuel section you will need to set it back to default or ask the entity doing the package to get this corrected.

Regards,

Simbol 

Edited by simbol
  • Like 1

Thanks Simbol, the missing entry for center1 in aircaft.cfg under [FUEL] section was exactely the reason.
Works now perfect.

Best regards

Oliver

• Upvote 1

Guest Cpt Bambi 2
4 hours ago, simbol said:

From FAIB website which is the developer of these models.

Surely you downloaded it from there no? If you read the instructions of these models it explains how to override lighting behaviors by altering the Aircraft.cfg fuel section.

In order to make all FAIB models to work as per P3D SDK guidelines you need to have the fuel section configured as per default as it comes from the original developer.

If you are using 3rd party packages that are re-using these models and they override the fuel section you will need to set it back to default or ask the entity doing the package to get this corrected.

Regards,

Simbol 

I just used their installer for all the aircraft, not just one at a time.

I'm getting this issue with my Alpha India Ai Air buses, their ai's come in a large package via an installer, as a result i don't know how to apply the above fix due to not knowing how the center1 setting should be in the first place.

Richard Smith

43 minutes ago, R Smith said:

I'm getting this issue with my Alpha India Ai Air buses, their ai's come in a large package via an installer, as a result i don't know how to apply the above fix due to not knowing how the center1 setting should be in the first place.

In that case please report the problem to AIGM developers as they should leave the fuel section configured to work as P3D standard guidelines.

Please understand there are a lot of FAIB models and it will be a very long task to start posting here how each FAIB model should be configured to work correctly with P3D. For an instance each FAIB model comes with instructions via their corresponding readme files, and sometimes each particular model has a variance of what fuel selection tanks are suppose to do, etc. 

For example the FAIB A321 instructions state:

**** NEW NEW NEW FOR FSX & P3DV4 ****
The "off" state of logo, cabin and navigation lights is now set using the aircraft.cfg fuel section
enable a 1 gallon Center2 fuel tank to have logo lights remain always on.
enable a 1 gallon Center3 fuel tank to have cabin lights remain always on.
enable a 1 gallon External1 fuel tank to have navigation lights remain always on.

FSX/P3DV4 models now feature custom light splashes for landing and taxi lights.
You can switch between the dynamic lights and custom lights by adding or removing the "Center1" fuel tank in the aircraft.cfg.

But for other FAIB models it might be different. It is also important to understand that this configuration has nothing to do with AI Lights Reborn. If you edit with the fuel section the models implement custom lighting models which disables the default P3D landing lights or implement a different lighting models which sometimes do not work well with P3D. So If you leave the fuel section as default, the model use the default P3D simulation for lighting if not it will try to implement a custom one regardless of AI Lights Reborn being installed or not.

This is why I highly recommend to download the models directly from the developer via the FAIB website and check the original Aircraft.cfg files provided originally by FAIB.

1 hour ago, Guest Cpt Bambi 2 said:

Not sure what you mean. But please see my statement above.

Regards,
Simbol

OK um, I'll just have to live with it i guess, sounds complicated.

Richard Smith

25 minutes ago, R Smith said:

It should not be complicated. I will try to help you. Can you confirm what AIG installer are you using?

@Kaiii3 we need your help here.. R. Smith is downloading all FAIB models using an AIG installer. However the fuel tanks are coming wrong configured causing wrong lights behaviors. 

Regards,
Simbol

Edited by simbol

14 hours ago, R Smith said:

On 1/1/2020 at 6:40 PM, Guest Cpt Bambi 2 said:

Guys, we spend hours and hours last night and today double checking the AIGM-OCI (Alpha India Group) installer and all the FAIB fuel center tanks are configured correctly and therefore the lights work as intended.

Can you guys please clarify what installer are you using to install all these FAIB models? I think you guys are confused with another package that does not belong to AIG.. Maybe you guys are using FLAI / BVAI installers instead? 

Regards,
Simbol

Edited by simbol

** Update **

It has been confirmed by @R Smith the installer he used is from FLAI / BVAI (no AIGM). We are contacting FLAI so they correct their package to avoid FAIB models missing their lights.

Regards,
Simbol

Edited by simbol

Hi guys. Just purchased the pro version after using free package for months. Now a mist have add on for me, it just adds so much to the sim.

i also downloaded the FLAI installer so also experience the no landing lights, is there any update to if FLAI are fixing the package and is the best work around just downloading base model from FAIB and changing config of installed aircraft?

thanks for a great add on,

Paul

• Like 1

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

4 hours ago, garlicbread11 said:

i also downloaded the FLAI installer so also experience the no landing lights, is there any update to if FLAI are fixing the package and is the best work around just downloading base model from FAIB and changing config of installed aircraft?

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your positive feedback, I really apreciate it.

Regarding FLAI, I left a message to FLAI developers via their Facebook page about a Month ago but it seems they haven't fix it.

Get the base model until they get around and perform a fix.

Regards,

Simbol 

• Like 1