Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

C441 RealityXP GNS?

Hi,

I am in the search of a config for the RealityXP GNS to work with the C441 but I can't find any so far. Maybe someone is aware of such mod? 

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

4 hours ago, ComSimPilot said:

Hi,

I am in the search of a config for the RealityXP GNS to work with the C441 but I can't find any so far. Maybe someone is aware of such mod? 

If its the Carenado C441 it already supports the F1 GTN 750.  The RXP GTN 750 is then a clean drop in using the RXP configurator.  Read the RXP User's Manual where it details how to use the configurator.  It is on page 4.  You do not need to have an F! GTN 750 installed in order to do that.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thank you very much Frank for commenting and helping about this. I'll have a look at the manual. I tried the automated RXP GNS Replace panels function through the P3D menu, but it was unfortunately did not make the screen fit the dimensions. I was actually seeing two GNS screens at the same time.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

3 hours ago, ComSimPilot said:

Thank you very much Frank for commenting and helping about this.

Sorry I cannot be much help.  I have configured the RXP in several Carenado and Alabeo aircraft, but alas I do not own the 441.  In some of those I first configured for the F1 using the aircraft models own installer/configurator, then edited the panel.cfg file to replace references of the F1 to references of the RXP, then the first time the gauge is used it creates the necessary RealityXP.GTN.ini file in the aircraft's main folder.

I would share a file or two as an example but I believe it might only confuse you.  I use buttons on my yoke dedicated to pop up the gauges and I assign them across all aircraft to [window07] in the panel.cfg file.  Then I also for each aircraft, from the F! settings, change the RXP size and position to be uniform across all my aircraft.  So what I do can be confusing....  You can see how much difference I end up with for the pop up gauge in this example in the "reveal hidden contents" text window below for the Carenado Caravan II F406.

3 hours ago, ComSimPilot said:

unfortunately did not make the screen fit the dimensions

Which screen?  In the virtual cockpit?  or the 2d pop-up?

Spoiler

//--------------------------------------------------------

RXP GTN:
[Window07]
Background_color=0,0,0
//size_mm=937,820
size=100,100
ident=15531

window_pos= 0.76750, 0.41200
window_size= 0.2295, 0.3915
zorder=99
gauge00=rxpGTN!GTN_750_1,  0,0,100,100, POP_RXP

F1 GTN:
[Window07]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=937,887
ident=14401
window_pos= 0.660, 0.160
window_size= 0.340, 0.580
zorder=99
gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750,  0,0,937,887,UNIT1.POP
gauge01=CF406!ToggleGTN750,             100,0,737,50

Replacing references in the virtual cockpit is a bit easier.  The POP_RXP controls the pop-up and the RealityXP.GTN.ini needs an entry for the gauge that mirrors.  It is explained in the manual.

RXP GTN Virtual Cockpit

[Vcockpit06]
Background_color=0,0,0 
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=1
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$Panel_6

gauge00=rxpGTN!GTN_750_1,  0,0,667,794, POP_RXP

F1 Virtual Cockpit:
[Vcockpit06]
Background_color=0,0,0 
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=1
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$Panel_6

gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750VC,  0,0,667,794,UNIT1

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

As far as I know, there is no integration for a third party GNS-530 for the Flysimware C402 or C441 as Flysimware used their proprietary GNS-530.

Edited by stans

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I'm not a GNS 530 user but I've been playing around a bit to see what could be done wrt the RXP GNS530 in the FSW C441.  The main problem with replacing the FSW unit with the RXP GNS 530 is the bezel of the FSW GNS530 is part of the C441's model file, which is a compiled file, and so it is not possible (for me) to make any kind of significant changes. So we are stuck with the FSW GNS 530 bezel in the VC. Regardless, here are two options, but I'm not sure either one is very satisfactory.

Option 1 looks like this:

1852b5096f.JPG

Option 2 looks like this:

unknown.png

In option 1, I have replaced the FSW GNS 530 screen with the RXP GNS 530 screen. You have to use the power button on the FSW bezel to turn things on. To operate the RXP unit with the mouse, however, you have to use the RXP popup (Shift+3) in this case. (EDIT: With just a few exceptions this turns out not to be the case, see better solution about eight posts below). Once you have the display you want you can close the popup if so desired and just look at the RXP screen in the VC.

As an alternative to using the popup to operate the RXP unit, you can make use of the RealityXP.GNS.ini file which allows you to assign Hot Keys to operate the GNS 530s buttons. So you could set up some Hot Keys for at least the most used GNS buttons and not need to use the popup as often.  And/or, if you own a registered copy of FSUIPC, you can use the FSUIPC Buttons and Switches tab to assign buttons to send the Hot Keys assignments. The RealityXP.GNS.ini file should be located at C:\Users\your name\Documents\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim.

In option 2, the RXP GNS screen AND bezel now fits in the space of the original FSW GNS screen. You still have to use the FSW power button to turn things on, but from there on you can use the buttons on the RXP bezel. The main draw back here of course is the smaller size of the RXP's GNS 530's screen.  And this option is not particularly aesthetically pleasing.

If any of this is of interest, let me know and I can send you the C441 panel files for these options.

Al

Edited by ark

For Option 1:

What codes is the C441 sending for the GNS buttons?  If they are the regular FS GPS codes, the RXP GNS can be configured to respond to them.. Have you tried that?

In the RXP ini file for the airplane:

UseSimGpsCmds = true

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

For Option 1:

What codes is the C441 sending for the GNS buttons?  If they are the regular FS GPS codes, the RXP GNS can be configured to respond to them.. Have you tried that?

In the RXP ini file for the airplane:

UseSimGpsCmds = true

Hi Bert -- great tip!  I was not aware of that setting and it didn't initially show in the 'collapsed' version of the GNS ini file. I set UseSimGpsCmds = true and now just about all of the FSW GNS buttons will operate the RXP GNS 530. Three that don't work are the CDI, VNAV and PUSH C/V knob function so one could use Hot Keys for those functions. I actually prefer using a key for the GPS/NAV function with the GTN 750.

I'm surprised the CDI (GPS/VLOC) button doesn't work. I think FSW uses GPS Drive Nav1 for that.

So "mouse-wise" maybe we have a 90-95% solution overall; not too bad I think.

Al

Edited by ark

That is not the standard FS code..

It is GPS_NEAREST_BUTTON as best I know..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

22 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

That is not the standard FS code..

It is GPS_NEAREST_BUTTON as best I know..

Well, that would explain why it doesn't work with the mouse. Is there a list of the standard FS GPS control codes somewhere?

I haven't tried to 'retro-fit' a GPS before so I've learned some things -- thanks for the help.

Al

Edited by ark

From the SDK:

KEY_GPS_POWER_BUTTON GPS_POWER_BUTTON Toggles power button
KEY_GPS_NEAREST_BUTTON GPS_NEAREST_BUTTON Selects Nearest Airport Page
KEY_GPS_OBS_BUTTON GPS_OBS_BUTTON Toggles automatic sequencing of waypoints
KEY_GPS_MSG_BUTTON GPS_MSG_BUTTON Toggles the Message Page
KEY_GPS_MSG_BUTTON_DOWN GPS_MSG_BUTTON_DOWN Triggers the pressing of the message button.
KEY_GPS_MSG_BUTTON_UP GPS_MSG_BUTTON_UP Triggers the release of the message button
KEY_GPS_FLIGHTPLAN_BUTTON GPS_FLIGHTPLAN_BUTTON Displays the programmed flightplan.
KEY_GPS_TERRAIN_BUTTON GPS_TERRAIN_BUTTON Displays terrain information on default display
KEY_GPS_PROCEDURE_BUTTON GPS_PROCEDURE_BUTTON Displays the approach procedure page.
KEY_GPS_ZOOMIN_BUTTON GPS_ZOOMIN_BUTTON Zooms in default display
KEY_GPS_ZOOMOUT_BUTTON GPS_ZOOMOUT_BUTTON Zooms out default display
KEY_GPS_DIRECTTO_BUTTON GPS_DIRECTTO_BUTTON Brings up the “Direct To” page
KEY_GPS_MENU_BUTTON GPS_MENU_BUTTON Brings up page to select active legs in a flightplan.
KEY_GPS_CLEAR_BUTTON GPS_CLEAR_BUTTON Clears entered data on a page
KEY_GPS_CLEAR_ALL_BUTTON GPS_CLEAR_ALL_BUTTON Clears all data immediately
KEY_GPS_CLEAR_BUTTON_DOWN GPS_CLEAR_BUTTON_DOWN Triggers the pressing of the Clear button
KEY_GPS_CLEAR_BUTTON_UP GPS_CLEAR_BUTTON_UP Triggers the release of the Clear button.
KEY_GPS_ENTER_BUTTON GPS_ENTER_BUTTON Approves entered data.
KEY_GPS_CURSOR_BUTTON GPS_CURSOR_BUTTON Selects GPS cursor
KEY_GPS_GROUP_KNOB_INC GPS_GROUP_KNOB_INC Increments cursor
KEY_GPS_GROUP_KNOB_DEC GPS_GROUP_KNOB_DEC Decrements cursor
KEY_GPS_PAGE_KNOB_INC GPS_PAGE_KNOB_INC Increments through pages
KEY_GPS_PAGE_KNOB_DEC GPS_PAGE_KNOB_DEC Decrements through pages

Bert

However there are some ones that do not line up.. the CDI button being one of them..

Bert

11 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

However there are some ones that do not line up.. the CDI button being one of them..

Ah, good timing,I was just thinking about  'heading' to the SDK to see what was there -- you saved me a trip!  😉 Besides the CDI button, I don't see anything listed for the VNAV or COM/NAV swap functions either. 

Al

To summarize all the discussion above:

1. It seems we can replace the FSW GNS 530 display screen in the VC panel of the FSW C441 (or FSW C402 or MU-2) with the Reality RXP GNS 530 display screen (no RXP bezel). The bezel of the FSW GNS 530 will remain in the panel. See the picture labeled Option 1 above.

2. In addition, a 2D popup of the RXP GNS530 can be installed.

3. The RXP GNS 530 installed in the VC panel can be operated using the buttons and knobs on the FSW bezel with the mouse "as usual" except for a few controls, namely the GPS/VLOC button (the CDI button), the VNAV button, and the COM/NAV knob push function that selects whether turning that knob will tune the COM or NAV frequency.  All the other buttons and knobs seem to work as expected although I did not do extensive testing.

4. As explained above in this thread there are a couple of ways to operate the few RXP GNS 530 functions that are not accessible from the FSW bezel:

a. You can use the corresponding controls on the RXP GNS 530 2D popup, and/or

b. You can assign Hot Keys using the RealityXP.GNS.ini file which is usually located at C:\Users\your name\Documents\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim. NOTE: This is NOT the same file you find in the main C441 folder. Unfortunately (in my opinion) there are two different RXP files (in different locations) that have the exact same name!  (See the RXP GNS530 manual for using the file the implements the Hot Keys.)  In addition, if you have a registered copy of FSUIPC, you can assign buttons to send the Hot Key codes (instead of using the keyboard) using the FSUIPC Buttons and Switches tab.

EDIT (10Aug2020): See update in post below.

5. If anyone wants to try this PM me an email address and I'll send you a 'replacement' panel.cfg file and RealityXP.GNS.ini file (the one in the main C441 directory). Setting up any Hot Keys (with the 'other' RealityXP.GNS.ini file) will be up to you. You will just need to rename the original file(s) to back them up and paste the new files in their place.

Of course, this all assumes you have installed the RXP GNS 530 into your sim.

Al

Edited by ark