Sign in to follow this  
Matthew James de Bohun

Fslabs A320 brakes!

23 minutes ago, Matthew James de Bohun said:

It's taking me way too long to stop even at low speeds. I have the latest version installed on P3Dv4.5. Never used to be a problem. Anyone else had this and managed to fix it?

been  discussed  at  the  fsl   forum  about the  brakes

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

My brakes are now always getting hot 😄

• Like 1

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

4 hours ago, Matthew James de Bohun said:

It's taking me way too long to stop even at low speeds. I have the latest version installed on P3Dv4.5. Never used to be a problem. Anyone else had this and managed to fix it?

What are you using for brakes? button or axis?

if you are using button assignment, go to MCDU Menu > Page 3 Controls > Brakes > Max Keyboard Deflection

Set it to something like .70 (70% brake application when pressing button) or anything that feels comfortable to you. The default I think is .20 which is way to low and results to only 20% brake application.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

6 hours ago, Vali said:

My brakes are now always getting hot 😄

Apparently fairly realistic behavior. I’ve had issues with them not cooling down as quick as they should in flight a while back. Haven’t noticed it lately though so may have been fixed.

On 1/13/2020 at 12:24 PM, snapshot21 said:

if you are using button assignment, go to MCDU Menu > Page 3 Controls > Brakes > Max Keyboard Deflection

Set it to something like .70 (70% brake application when pressing button) or anything that feels comfortable to you. The default I think is .20 which is way to low and results to only 20% brake application.

It's a button. I've done that and it fixed the problem thanks!

• Like 2

P3D & X-Plane 11 - Videos and streaming @ V Special 1

Thanks, Matthew. I know it's an old post but I found your suggestion beneficial. I started having the hot brakes issue and it seems this fixed it.

On 1/13/2020 at 12:24 PM, snapshot21 said:

cheers for this i just changed mine to 70 works better.

14ppkc-6.png