Sign in to follow this  
Guest Metro_3

FSX is Good - Really it is

Guest cloudrider

Yea we've heard the same ole same ole from Chris... wonder when we'll here from Alcott? I'm very optimistic and grateful for the positive attitudes expressed from developers such as Peter. It lets me know that FSX has a great beginning and will eventually reign supreme. And it's the talents and drive of such people, that we need, not the pissin' & moanin'. Have faith in FSX, and those that can and will make it the best yet. Thanks Peter.

Fine. Forget it. This community has really gone down hill. Screw it, I'm out.

Guest tdragger

>may make 'TDragger' and others feel good but that does nothing>in bringing home the point to Aces that many are disatisfied. What makes you think we don't know you're dissatisfied?

Guest tdragger

>welcome,>>Awesome things possible.....FSX team did a wonderful job.>>Look for what is dark and you'll find it but it takes genius>to find invention and the light in others.>>FSX does both.Now, now, Peter. you must be careful. It's not fashionable to like us right now so if I were you I'd head underground for awhile. ;)

Guest tdragger

>The one thing I don't quite understand, is FSX hasn't even>been released, yet many seem to feel that the few whiners who>have it, through whatever means, are the only voices worth>listening too and those that are positive should only be>chastised and made fun of. Hey, Tom, you just need to take the long term view. This happens with each release--the only difference is the magnitude. People are passionate about their hobby and that's great. It's like a controversial play in football. Everyone jumps up and down watching it live--and even with the first couple of replays--but eventually people get time enough to see what really happened and accept it.

>>may make 'TDragger' and others feel good but that does>nothing>>in bringing home the point to Aces that many are disatisfied.>>>What makes you think we don't know you're dissatisfied?Ah...who cares about that. Let's have some fun.:)Do you know if I remove the roofsdescription.sqb file in the autogen folder results in splitting out the auto-gen trees from the houses? Thanks! PS I recieved my "Tin Wings" this afternoon. LOL ... great stuff!Bob...

Guest tdragger

Keep checking that logbook. There are some interesting rewards you'll get along the way that aren't so obvious. ;)

Guest diajohn2

Just a couple of comments. Thanks Peter for your perspective. I agree and am waiting for Amazon to deliver about the 19th.I love it. The treads from the never-pleased are the same people who slammed FS9 with the exact same comments updated to say FSX. Come to think of it, they are the same who slam every new aircraft release and every other new product that has come down the pike in the past three years.We should ignore them and wish they would stop highjacking positive threads such as this one. I wish we had an ignore buttom.

What I found very interesting in the 2nd demo (don't have the retail yet) was the clouds reflected off of the water, and the rain on the tarmac was pretty awesome. There is a lot that you guys at ACES have done with FSX that will pleasently supprise quite a few fellow users if they just take the time to explore. The sunrises are simply awesome!!! and the relective windows, all these little nuauces make FSX worth it in my opinion.

Oh look, the MS a really excited user come out at night. (just kidding George, I read ur post to me in the other thread and just could not resist..seriously, just kidding with you)

Eric 

Guest Peter Wilding

Like you. Sure I do... LOLYou guys make my hobby better and better.Why these guys can't see it is astonishing to me.Some say because I'm a developer it's in my interest to support FSX.They make a lot of assumptions.Passion is what makes products and focus, knowledge and engery.That begins with a first step and that first step begins with "what if"You delivered a "What if" and made it happen.I salute you.... be brave and the leaders will follow you to make it a better world.After all, what kind of a man is a man who does not make the world a better place.That's what fSX does. You done good.

>>welcome,>>>>Awesome things possible.....FSX team did a wonderful job.>>>>Look for what is dark and you'll find it but it takes genius>>to find invention and the light in others.>>>>FSX does both.>>Now, now, Peter. you must be careful. It's not fashionable to>like us right now so if I were you I'd head underground for>awhile. ;)Mike,Many here are focused on the issue... The majority who talk about performance issues with FSX are focusing on the issue. The vast majority have neither posted a negative nor a positive comment on you or others as developers personally. There are a few exceptions and thats the law of averages.. can't innoculate against that.I would think, these comments for the most part are feedback.. if thats what you are interested in.As for comments like this "I salute you.... be brave and the leaders will follow you to make it a better world." I can only roll my eyes.Really!Take it easy... Personally I like you. :)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter