Sign in to follow this  
Bottle

A general gamer view of MSFS

8 minutes ago, irrics said:

I have no doubt that it might come in some version of Xbox one also. 

You really believe a brand new Microsoft flight simulator is going to come out and it will be for the old Xbox and windows only?

I never said it will be for the Xbox One and windows only, I said it was being made for the Xbox One. 

I have been under the impression for the past several months it would be for the XBOX next (Project Scarlett/XBOX series X) and of course windows. 

Edited by reignman40
  • Like 1

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

5 minutes ago, reignman40 said:

I have been under the impression for the past several months it would be for the XBOX next (Project Scarlett/XBOX series X) and of course windows. 

Unless anyone can provide evidence of that then it seems to be wrong. It will obviously play on the Xbox Series X but seems to be made for the Xbox One. 

22 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

Unless anyone can provide evidence of that then it seems to be wrong. It will obviously play on the Xbox Series X but seems to be made for the Xbox One. 

Do you own an XB1?  (or ps4 for that matter)

It's really hard to believe this game will run in anything but a pretty bare bones mode on this console gen.

The hardware is *old*

45 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

I never said it will be for the Xbox One and windows only, I said it was being made for the Xbox One. 

So what does that mean?

We know it's not releasing for XB1 first (it's on PC first, as has been documented a few times here from interviews I believe), so if anything it's "made for PC" above anything else

(Consoles are just lower spec'd PC's anyhow...lol)

So it'll come out on PC, but by then the new XB is out...and it will release for XB1 instead of the new XB?

Simultaneous on both?

What's your prediction on that?

I think this plan will change and it'll come to PC, then new XB and -- if they can get performance and quality they are happy with, XB1 "maybe".

I don't believe this was always their plan but rather that it's evolving as time is going by during development.

Edited by irrics

1 hour ago, shawty1984 said:

From their own website. Its listed as Xbox One and Windows 10. I've mentioned this on here before and it just seems people are assuming it's being made for Xbox Series X with no evidence. It's also on the launch reveal at E3 press conference. 

I only see Xbox game studios and W10, nothing else

There is no new Xbox old Xbox. Just Xbox as far as software is concerned. Software from now on will scale depending on which hardware you have, just like it does today between Xbox one and Xbox one X. The series X will be the top of the range but software will still run on the older consoles.

It's like saying mfs will only run on the next gen PC. All Xboxes run a base of windows 10 and all Xbox one games will be system agnostic. Microsoft have been expressing this for a very long time now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tutmeister said:

There is no new Xbox old Xbox. Just Xbox as far as software is concerned. Software from now on will scale depending on which hardware you have, just like it does today between Xbox one and Xbox one X. The series X will be the top of the range but software will still run on the older consoles.

It's like saying mfs will only run on the next gen PC. All Xboxes run a base of windows 10 and all Xbox one games will be system agnostic. Microsoft have been expressing this for a very long time now.

Where have they said that?  I'd love to read more about that and any restrictions or specifics.

That for all software?

That'd be new with this upcoming console generation, as XB360 games certainly don't all "scale up and work on XB1".

It'd be welcome news, but I presume new licensing terms are required there and this likely only applies to upcoming titles perhaps, yeah?

(of which MSFS of course would qualify in that case)

Edited by irrics

Yes only Xbox one and onwards games although a huge amount of 360 games are now compatible with Xbox one. The move to a Windows 10 base on all Xbox one's and newer is what allows this.

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/xbox-series-x-backwards-compatibility/

Edited by tutmeister
  • Like 1

@tutmeister Thx for the link - Great to hear!

I hope it really turns out to be true and it's not exclusionary of certain types of games (like Sports) which can have odd licensing terms and time limits, etc

For instance, this phrase needs to be parsed a bit to really understand that they are saying (without saying it) that there can be limitations for sure:

That means that all Xbox One games, plus all the Xbox 360 and original Xbox games currently available via Xbox One backwards compatibility, will also be playable on Xbox Project Scarlett.

I feel like we're always waiting for the holy grail of "play new and old all on this one new box"...  it keeps getting talked about but never fully delivered.

Hopefully this time really is different. 

Edited by irrics

14 hours ago, Pastaiolo said:

There are gamers in here too 🙂 We are gamers too.

No, I don't think so. It's a entertainment  or (with the right add ons) a educational simulation, but NOT a game at all. Therefore, USER would be the better term.

Edited by mdsim

10 hours ago, irrics said:

Do you own an XB1?  (or ps4 for that matter)

It's really hard to believe this game will run in anything but a pretty bare bones mode on this console gen.

The hardware is *old*

I own an Xbox One X and PS4 Pro. The game has been in development for how long? I don't see why it wont be able to run on an Xbox One X at reasonable quality if it's well optimised. Let's not forget a bulk of the game is going to be streamed. 

10 hours ago, irrics said:

So what does that mean?

We know it's not releasing for XB1 first (it's on PC first, as has been documented a few times here from interviews I believe), so if anything it's "made for PC" above anything else

(Consoles are just lower spec'd PC's anyhow...lol)

So it'll come out on PC, but by then the new XB is out...and it will release for XB1 instead of the new XB?

Simultaneous on both?

What's your prediction on that?

I think this plan will change and it'll come to PC, then new XB and -- if they can get performance and quality they are happy with, XB1 "maybe".

I don't believe this was always their plan but rather that it's evolving as time is going by during development.

Take GTA 5 for example. That's a game with a game engine for the last gen PS3 and Xbox 360. But it released at the end of the generation so they made a PS4 and Xbox One version. It was improved but not massively, it was still the old game engine built for the last generation of consoles. The official stance is at the moment it is PC and Xbox One. They will more than likely optimise the game for the Xbox Series X.

2 hours ago, shawty1984 said:

At the top of the page. 

Top or bottom? Anyways I don’t see Xbox One anywhere. Just Xbox game studios