Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

Flight1 GTN750 Complete problems continued

1 hour ago, Noell said:

Now that I know that the RXP 750 uses its own nav database just as the Flight1 version does

Both the RXP 750 and the F1 750 use the Garmin Trainer version 6.62.0 ( from download Garmin software ver 2.6)

bob

Thanks, Bob.

I know they both use the Garmin Trainer which means neither product references the default P3D nav database.

I'd been using the Flight1 GTN 750 since its release but decided to uninstall it and switch to the RXP version.

So, at this point, neither product is installed and I should be able to use the default GNS 530 which references the default P3D nav database. Let's suppose for whatever reason I didn't want to use either product. In that case I would not be able to use the default GPS as all intersections are missing (airports/VORs/NDBs are all OK). So, if for nothing but to satisfy my own curiosity, how do I restore the default P3D nav database?

Thanks,

Lloyd

Lloyd Noel (Ontario, Canada)

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX3080Ti Gaming OC / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

I don't think there is a nav base file for the default and I assume its in the scenery folder with the all the other airport files, so I suppose you could try a 'repair' to the main 'Scenery' folder.

bob

A full scenery reinstall did the trick.

Thanks a lot,

Lloyd

Lloyd Noel (Ontario, Canada)

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX3080Ti Gaming OC / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

I also have had problems re-installing Flight1 GTN Complete/ Garmin Trainer. After weeks down & reading through all the forums my finger was hovering over the RXP buy button. I gave it one last try & was finally able to re-install after several attempts last night. It was a frustration bc I recently bought this and had no trouble. I deleted & uninstalled everything. Goodby custom waypoints. Re-downloaded through the agent and skipped adding the trainer by accident. Re-booted. Loaded P3Dv4 latest build. Spawned A2A a/c. Got a  popup to locate the trainer. Shut down and installed Garmin Trainer. Lo & behold! I then recalled that I had followed the same accidental sequence on initial install.