Sign in to follow this  
Wanthuyr Filho

MK-Studios Dublin - can't update

Since there is an error while trying to uninstall the older version (Invalid uninstall control file: D:\P3D\MKEIDW\mkeidw.xml) I cannot proceed with installing the newer version. Anyone know a solution for this?
I tried to login at their support ticket system but it's not working.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

I had the same problem. 

The uninstaller is in your root P3D directory (where the P3d.exe is located, and that seems to be inconsistent with all other MKS scenery). If you run the uninstaller from there (right click, run as admin) it will give you an error message that you are missing a file (I can’t precisely remember what it is called... but the error message will tell you... something like 5lua.dll).

Now as I have other sceneries from the same developer i.e. Tenerife v2, the missing file was also in the Tenerife folder so you can uninstall GCTS. So I copied that file into my P3D root folder, and re-running the native uninstaller won’t work (you get a different error message).

What you need to do now that you have the missing file in the P3D root is go to the normal Windows uninstall file directory, find MKS EIDW 1.x (I can’t remember the last version no) in the list, right click, select uninstall and it will now work.

If you don’t have another MKS scenery so don’t have the missing file to copy, I can probably PM it to you.

Mark

• Like 1

so normal un-install via Windows 10 app config should be used ?

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

3 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

so normal un-install via Windows 10 app config should be used ?

Michael Moe

In the first instance yes. If it works, ignore all of the above.

If it does not, then I found the way to make it work, as per my post above. Provided that your EIDW uninstaller is in P3D root, and when you right click it, you have the file it is missing elsewhere in a MKS scenery which you can copy into the P3D root, and then proceed to use the Windows 10 app config.

I have other MKS scenery so was able to work out what was wrong... all of the other scenery has the uninstaller and the lua file in the appropriate MKS file in the Ecosystem directory. EIDW for whatever reason, did not, the uninstaller was in P3D root, without the lua file.

Since the update, I have always one or two DHL freighters at the passenger gates. Anybody else? What can I do?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Get ADE and make your airport do what you want.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

11 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Thanks Dave. I'm aware of Olis improved ADE files. But I'm hesitating because MKs  ADE is newer and Olis ADE needs also some SODE adjustment. Couldn't it also come from a wrong parking code entry in the AIGM-OCI DHL aircraft.cfg?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Freighters will park at the main gates if they do not have any other options, or if those main gates are designated as cargo ramps. This is why it annoys me when developers do not add the full number of parking spots in AFD files at large airports like Dublin. I don't know about anyone else, but Dublin is full of AI planes early in the morning on my PC, because I run my custom AI database @ 100%. I need as many parking spots as I can get, and adding those remote stands that were missing in the AFD file supplied with the package (and designating them accordingly) can significantly reduce the chance of freighters parking at the main gates.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Freighters will park at the main gates if they do not have any other options, or if those main gates are designated as cargo ramps. This is why it annoys me when developers do not add the full number of parking spots in AFD files at large airports like Dublin. I don't know about anyone else, but Dublin is full of AI planes early in the morning on my PC, because I run my custom AI database @ 100%. I need as many parking spots as I can get, and adding those remote stands that were missing in the AFD file supplied with the package (and designating them accordingly) can significantly reduce the chance of freighters parking at the main gates.

I've checked this but there are enough free spots with DHK parking code but the DHL freighter is still at main gates. The corresponding main gate is not a cargo ramp but normal gate.

- Harry 

I have checked my own (modified) version of the AFD file, but I do not see any parking spots with the DHK code. Which parking spots have this code in your version? Are those parking spots large enough for the freighters that you are seeing? It's also worth noting that not all freighters with the DHL colour scheme use the DHK (DHL Air UK) parking code. For example, European Air Transport use the BCS code.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

54 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I have checked my own (modified) version of the AFD file, but I do not see any parking spots with the DHK code. Which parking spots have this code in your version? Are those parking spots large enough for the freighters that you are seeing? It's also worth noting that not all freighters with the DHL colour scheme use the DHK (DHL Air UK) parking code. For example, European Air Transport use the BCS code.

The most recent original MK ADE file has some parking spots at  614 (2x), 615 and 616(2x) coded with DHK, FDX, next to W2 taxi way. But they are not assigned as Ramp_Cargo and as you stated BCS code is missing too. I've changed this now and will report back.

- Harry 

12 hours ago, Nemo said:

I'm hesitating because MKs  ADE is newer

In the new version of Dublin, the ade is unchanged, so Oli's version is still far more up to date and will for most part use the same codes as OCI.

The Cargo, Ramp, Gate titles in parking spots also doesn't play much of a role in importance. The major factors in getting aircraft to park where you want is for them to have matching codes and be the right size.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS