Sign in to follow this  
Patix1337

FSX-SE freezing and unfreezing

Hi

I have a problem with my FSX SE. When I am flying long flight my FSX during approach or in the end of flight is starting freezing than unfreezing and over and over again. That's look like freeze for 30 sec than unfreeze for 10s than freeze and everything repeats... When I restart my FSX everything is OK. Anybody know the sollution?

Edited by Patix1337

Welcome to the AVSIM forums! :happy:  CPU speed?  What addons are you running?  How far to the right are your AI sliders?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

My CPU:2x2.1GHz

Addons: some sceneries, ChasePlane, FSXWX, smartcars, vPilot, FSUIPC,SimConnect, PMDG

I have my settings usually in the middle position.

You might be pushing that CPU a bit too hard especially with PMDG aircraft.FSX loves high clockspeeds especially if running complex add ons.

Can you try a flight in a default aircraft and see if you still have the same issue?

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

seems like a resource issue there. There is probably memory swapping going on. How long is a flight in this case?

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

A very under-powered CPU for all the addons you are running!  Flying into an addon airport with AI sliders at 50% is a good chance for freezing on the approach.  My Airline AI is set for 30% with  the others set at 10-15%.  I get occasional freezes flying over KLAX at 20k feet heading for KSAN!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Yeah I also think that is might be problem with resources because sometimes my fsx don't load a part of the earth and there is a square with no loaded resources on ground 😕 And to addition I have flied a lot on the same CPU with no problems in past ://

Edited by Patix1337

As computers get older, they don't get better!  Is this a desktop computer or a laptop?

Charlie Aron

laptop but I think that I fixed a problem by unistalling FSXWX 🙂 There are now only short freezes during approach.

OK, I asked to be sure of proper cooling.  I would hope that you aren't using it on your lap! :blink:

Charlie Aron

I thought that I resolved the problem but not 😞 During today's approach to Warsaw my FSX crashed after 30sec freeze. I don't know what might be a problem now but I suspect that it might be something with loading terrain because I noticed that 80% of terrain in front of me was not loaded, there was just pixels...

///BTW guys do you know which nr of AffinityMask should I use for my CPU 2x2.1GHz?

Edited by Patix1337

All the symptoms point to your computer simply being incapable of running FSX in the manner you wish it to run.

• Like 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I have noticed that this problem happen only at approach of Warsaw EPWA. The terrain is loading too late so the CPU cant load it... All rest airports are okay.

On 3/29/2020 at 6:34 PM, Patix1337 said:

Hi

I have a problem with my FSX SE. When I am flying long flight my FSX during approach or in the end of flight is starting freezing than unfreezing and over and over again. That's look like freeze for 30 sec than unfreeze for 10s than freeze and everything repeats... When I restart my FSX everything is OK. Anybody know the sollution?

Hi. That issue happens to me twice but in a long  haul trips, about 10 hours.  With flights shorter no problem.

On 4/3/2020 at 11:44 PM, Patix1337 said:

I have noticed that this problem happen only at approach of Warsaw EPWA. The terrain is loading too late so the CPU cant load it... All rest airports are okay.

Your running out of VAS

Is it an add on airport you are approaching?

Luke Pype