Sign in to follow this  
kenp51

Trying to purchase GNS530, but get virus warning

When I click to download the e-commerce installer, my Windows Defender says that rxpGNS2-530-FSIM.exe has a trojan Win32/Azden.B!cl and won't let me run it.  Anyone else had this problem?

Ken

Edited by RXP

False positive. There has been an ongoing issue for many years regarding the F1 wrapper and false positives with anti-virus software.

• Like 2

David Porrett

Hello 

I get the same problem to day. Tried several times to re-install the GNS530 it  has been impossible !

Some one have a solution ?

Many thanks.

37 minutes ago, kalan said:

Hello 

I get the same problem to day. Tried several times to re-install the GNS530 it  has been impossible !

Welcome to Avsim!

Exclude the F1 Installer in your AV.  As noted above, this is not a new issue and the F1 installer is safe.  The problem is with the AV.

HTH,

Greg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kalan said:

Hello 

Many thanks.

When that warning box pops up there is an option there that if clicked will let you tell it to download anyway.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I had this problem too a couple of days ago. Not only did I get a virus warning but the file disappeared before I got a chance to execute it. 

Windows Defender was Off.  No AV running. I had to tell my router to let it through.

The Flight1 e-commerce website has improved a bit with their F1 Purchase Agent, but when the old wrapper system kicks in I usually have problems. Every time I manage to reinstall something I promise myself - 'never again'.

Edited by RXP

Supporter.png

John

@betelgeuse We're in the process of updating our e-commercer solution using the 'agent' instead but it is still no offering the same level of functionality, especially in the discount/coupon department. We prefer offering a sound discount to our customers using the older wrapper for now, instead of no discount at all using the agent...

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I had this twice a few days ago. Disabled my antivirus and all worked fine. 
Great rule. 

• Like 1

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

14 hours ago, Dean33 said:

I had this twice a few days ago. Disabled my antivirus and all worked fine. 
Great rule. 

When we have to disable antivirus or firewalls to download and execute what we think is probably a bona-fide file it sort of defeats the purpose of the antivirus and the firewall.

Or have I missed something?

Edited by betelgeuse

Supporter.png

John

Surely if you go to a website you trust to buy something you want its fine to switch protection off briefly.

You have have to be wary taking sweets from strangers (so I'm told) but that doesn't stop you going in the sweet shop to buy some!  😊

• Like 1

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.