Sign in to follow this  
asanal

PC connection to TV Samsung 55"monitor

I hope some member  can give an advise how to connect Desktop pc to TV monitor. I would like to see if FlightSim appears at TV Monitor.

I connected HDMi cable from PC to TV monitor, I hear sounds but not pictures

Thanks

Edited by asanal

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

The problem is almost certainly the Tv's Input Source options. Make sure they are set to be displaying the Correct HDMI signal source. You can usually do that either with the buttons on the side of the Tv, or with the remote control.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Alan. Thanks

PC HDMI cable connected to same TV inputs HDMI . I opened  the YOUTUBE and  selected Airplane flight Video,  PC Screen SET picture appeared but  I am hearing  airplane sound  no picture.

Ahmet Sanal

Does your TV have more than one HDMI port? Mine has three and I have to tell the TV to use which of the three I've connected my PC to...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

n4gix,

Yes, I have three HDMI port. First I connect PC then I connect to available TV HDMI port. Then I open the Input screen and I clicked on same TV HDMI port. TV receives  PC SCREEN PICTURE with sounds but no youtube  videos  shows  up.

I switched the HDMI with one working HDIM, some result.

Thanks 

Ahmet Sanal

Another thing worth mentioning on Samsung TV's is that you need to rename the channel and set it as PC. And I don't mean turning on the "GAMING MODE". Once you have it plugged into the right HDMI port and you have selected the HDMI source in order to display the image you need to hit the source button and rename HDMI 1 or whatever it is you are on to PC-(whatever you want).

It needs to know the source is a PC. The difference in doing this is NIGHT AND DAY. I used a Samsung TV for years as a PC monitor for various things and simply would not have put up with it if not for this.

I should also add that was on my Samsung TV's from a few years ago but wouldn't be surprised if this was still a thing. It was also something that was not in the manual. It took me some considerable probing and asking the right people to get that information.

That said, I still wouldn't really recommend using a TV on a PC.

Edited by Jazz

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

"It was also something that was not in the manual. It took me some considerable probing and asking the right people to get that information."

You are right. No info available in LG manual. HDMI sources is easy to locate, but  LG monitor is not receiving video. sounds are OK. Maybe my HDMI cable  carries sound but not video. I am getting new HDMI, let see what will happen.

Thanks for your info.

Ahmet Sanal

I should clarify that what I am talking about has no bearing on whether I could get an image on the Samsung TV because I could. The renaming the HDMI source channel simply informed the TV that it was now to function as a monitor with none of the dreadful processing that it would do before. Even game mode is hopeless for when using as a monitor. Renaming the source channel and gving it the PC prefix, which, by the way was one you selected from a list of options made a massive difference. Before doing this the image was a horrid blurry fudge. After doing it it was clear.

I'm confused though. Your title tells of a Samsung TV but now you are talking about an LG manual.

Anyway, you absolutely can use a Samsung TV as a monitor for your PC and the image should just appear once plugged in and restarted. Getting it to show a good image takes a little knowledge though because by default it will show a horrid quality image with appaling input lag. Even when you have it running properly they are still awful compared to a good monitor.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

If it is a Samsung TV you need to hit the "Source" button on the remote and then select the small "Tools" icon then "Rename" and select the "PC" prefix.

Well, that's how you do it on all of my TV's

That then disables many of the options and turns it into something that behaves more like a monitor. But you then need to make sure you have set the appropriate HDMI black levels and a few other things.

Edited by Jazz

Thank you. I cannot 😔 believe it . I made a mistake .It should be LG 55"  NOT, Samsung.

Ahmet Sanal

1 minute ago, asanal said:

Thank you. I cannot 😔 believe it . I made a mistake .It should be LG 55"  NOT, Samsung.

Ahh, well, with that I cannot help.