Sign in to follow this  
Quasimodo

Not getting 30fps with Vsync and 30hz

Wow, That XP11.50b3 is something else. The bottleneck is my 2080ti at 2150mhz at 99% while the CPU is ~50%. Unbelievable improvement is FPS. About 50% better.

So my problem is I set the monitor to 30hz in NCP and turn Vsync on in XP but I am still getting FPS well over 30fps. What gives?

7 hours ago, Quasimodo said:

So my problem is I set the monitor to 30hz in NCP and turn Vsync on in XP but I am still getting FPS well over 30fps. What gives?

Me too.

The strange thing is if I turn vsync off It locks at 30fps.

Mick

X-Plane's VSYNC only locks at 60FPS (as if anyone ever managed to do that). If you want the essential 30FPS lock, go to NVIDIA system preferences and set VSYNC to adaptive, half refresh rate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

6 hours ago, mickatmian said:

The strange thing is if I turn vsync off It locks at 30fps.

I'll try that too. So long as its smooth and there is no tearing that's all that matters.😁

Unless you follow the instructions above, there will always be tearing.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Launch X-Plane from the command line with the "--lock_fr=nnn" flag or edit your shortcut accordingly ("nnn" is whatever value you want) and enjoy increased smoothness.

Edited by Bjoern

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

This is a bug, it happens to me too, locking @30fps with nvidia control panel does not work, even enablinig vsync within XP, frames go over 60. Was fine before b3, bug filed.

Will try Bjoern's workaround for now.

Edited by CarlosF

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I found that it works using NCP adaptive, half refresh rate like Colonel X says, so long as the vsync box in unchecked in XP

--lock_fr=30

Although why on earth anyone would want to do that is beyond me. 60 at a minimum. 

I suppose if you prefer judging final like you just had 6 pints of strong ale 30 might be interesting.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

6 hours ago, mSparks said:

--lock_fr=30

Although why on earth anyone would want to do that is beyond me. 60 at a minimum. 

I suppose if you prefer judging final like you just had 6 pints of strong ale 30 might be interesting.

If you have a recent pc ... I don't have the money to change, my processor is at least 5 years old.

9 hours ago, Quasimodo said:

I found that it works using NCP adaptive, half refresh rate like Colonel X says, so long as the vsync box in unchecked in XP

I thought that's what I said at least that's what I meant to say.

9 hours ago, mSparks said:

--lock_fr=30

Have you even tried it? smooth as silk for me on 4k monitor.

9 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I haven't tried the Vulkan update yet, but the official 11.4x release does lock to my Vsync at 30Hz.  I'd be surprised if Vulkan can't lock to 30 (it did with AF2 with Vulcan) ... sounds like a bug.

Strangely with 11.4x sometimes the Vsync at 30Hz  would work sometimes not. When that happened the solution for me was to reload the nvidia driver.

Mick

23 minutes ago, mickatmian said:

Have you even tried it? smooth as silk for me on 4k monitor.

Strangely with 11.4x sometimes the Vsync at 30Hz  would work sometimes not. When that happened the solution for me was to reload the nvidia driver.

Mick

flying at only 200kts - 100 meters per second, at 30fps you move 3.3 meters between every frame. That is not something anyone should be describing as smooth.

turn your head and you will literally see the gap between every frame - even in 2D, in 3D it will make you puke (physically sick as if you just had 6 pints of strong ale).

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 1

AutoATC Developer

3 hours ago, mSparks said:

flying at only 200kts - 100 meters per second, at 30fps you move 3.3 meters between every frame. That is not something anyone should be describing as smooth.

turn your head and you will literally see the gap between every frame - even in 2D, in 3D it will make you puke (physically sick as if you just had 6 pints of strong ale).

Rubbish.

I take it you would not want to use my Oculus rift S at 27fps via the use of the free ovr lua plugin then?

For anyone interested x-plane 11.5-3 beta works great in vr with the visual effects set to medium, texture quality high, world objects at maximum. with the proviso you free your mind over 27fps.

Mick

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mickatmian said:

I take it you would not want to use my Oculus rift S at 27fps

h' no.

I like blasting through mountains at mach 1+, plus the rift is nowhere near as comfy as the PSVR.

like this

I'm beyond ATPL in simulated VR hours now (1,558 hours in SteamVR according to my steam library)

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

5 hours ago, mickatmian said:

Yes you did say that and I should have acknowledged. 😁