Sign in to follow this  
bob.bernstein

I am amazed that MS can sell a product and

most of the users, if not all, are trying to figure out how to make it work!

No problems here, what can we do to help?Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest delsutton

>most of the users, if not all, are trying to figure out how>to make it work!>That's part of the fun of an update, in my mind. I have amid-range system and although it was atrocious to begin with, now it's better overall than FS9. That's all I can ask with a PC that's 3 years old. I'm looking forward to all the new add-ons, the techie advice and the tweaking that comes with upgraded software. Plus, when I get my new PC post.Vista and DX10 I'm looking forward to a new level of enjoyment (hopefullly!)

>>most of the users, if not all, are trying to figure out how>>to make it work!>>>>>That's part of the fun of an update, in my mind. I have>amid-range system and although it was atrocious to begin with,>now it's better overall than FS9. That's all I can ask with a>PC that's 3 years old. I'm looking forward to all the new>add-ons, the techie advice and the tweaking that comes with>upgraded software. Plus, when I get my new PC post.Vista and>DX10 I'm looking forward to a new level of enjoyment>(hopefullly!)Speaking of Vista and Dx10, I wonder how much of a performance gain there is for FSX. Would be nice if it's huge.

Guest delsutton

>Speaking of Vista and Dx10, I wonder how much of a performance>gain there is for FSX. Would be nice if it's huge.>Oh yes! And I suppose the big Q is, when?

Guest allcott

>>>Speaking of Vista and Dx10, I wonder how much of a>performance>>gain there is for FSX. Would be nice if it's huge.>>>>Oh yes! And I suppose the big Q is, when?the BIG question is: How MUCH! :-rollVista with DX10 will require a new graphics card, and that will want massive power sources, meaning a new Power Supply for many, even if you don't need a new mobo you will probably want more RAM, that will almost imply a new CPU and as for the cost of the various Vistas - it's Vast!Whenever, it's going to be nasty expensive! :)Allcott

"most of the users, if not all, are trying to figure out how to make it work!" Please be kind enough to submit the scientific poll results you undoubtably compiled in order to reach that conclusion. Craig

Guest allcott

> "most of the users, if not all, are trying to figure out>how to make it work!">> Please be kind enough to submit the scientific poll results>you undoubtably compiled in order to reach that conclusion.>> Craig>Its called the Avsim FSX forum, and the yanks don't even have FSX officially yet, so it's only going to get worse.Having said that, I have now turned back ALL thw tips and tweaks supplied so far throuhg these forums, with the exception of the extra autogen lines in the FSX.cfg and the fiber mod supplied by the FS team and those tips ALONE, have enabled me to use the existing textures, including trees, runways, buildings at the large size, AND GET ACCEPTABLE FRAME RATES. I did this by accepting the combinations that FSX offers in the various menus, `Medium Low`, `Medium High` etc. - with the exception of the Global Texture slider, which I leave far right as I will not accept the lower quality of VC that results. Using the various options I have now saved the cfg files to suit my needs for that flight - for airline work who needs autogen? For flying helos beteen the trees, who needs clear textures into the far distance? I did it because I have no reason to `dumb down` FSX to make it work acceptably - I have FS9 for the real fun. Instead FSX has turned into something of a technical challenge, a lurking benchmark for any mods or changes I make to systems, hardware or configuration files. I already accept that what I have bought today won't be any good for me until several months - and several hundred pounds - have passed! Allcott

"most of the users, if not all, are trying to figure out how to make it work!"FS98FS2000FS2004Fs.......It's been said before. I for one look forward to the energy infused into these forums every 2-3 years when a new MSFS appears. People will be called "fan boys", people will be called "whiners", but regardless of the clich

Well said John! I actually look forward to this phase of discovery. Every time I visit Avsim (many times a day :) ) I anticipate some new tweak or nuance that helps improve the flight sim experience. This is a great group of talented folks! I look forward to seeing FSX turn into what many regard FS9.1 as today.DougDell XPS Gen3 (3.6GHz/540FSB) | 2GB DDR SDRAM | 74GB SATA, 10k RPM (C: ) | 120GB SATA (D: ) | 512MB ATI Radeon X1900XTX (Catalyst 6.9) | Audigy 2 ZS Sound | MS Force Feedback 2 | WindowsXP Pro (SP2) | DirectX 9.0c

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Guest Len

It's a sad day we have to spend more time "tweaking" this thing to make it work without it being a stuttering mess. Maybe one of these days it will play as it should out of the box.

Guest beerman

>It's a sad day we have to spend more time "tweaking" this>thing to make it work without it being a stuttering mess.>Maybe one of these days it will play as it should out of the>box.Exactly. All releases have required a bit of tweaking...but this one takes the proverbial cake. What a brilliant idea....lets make a piece of software that works well only on a minimal amount of computers and promise some vaporware fix so everyone will buy it...just bloody brilliant :rollseyes: Perhaps MS should have waited 6 months or a year to release it when said enhancements are at the very least on the market.

Guest myskja

>>It's a sad day we have to spend more time "tweaking" this>>thing to make it work without it being a stuttering mess.>>Maybe one of these days it will play as it should out of>the box."We"...? Speak for yourself or don't speak at all, because with FSX I'm having the most fun on my computer that I've had in a long time:

And I have not spent any time "tweaking" it either.BTW, why do you keep on regurgitating the same negative stuff over and over again...