Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

Anyone have an AMD Radeon GPU working with v5?

Anyone have an AMD Radeon GPU working with v5?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use an AMD Radeon GPU and, if so, are you experiencing a CTD on changing view TO the cockpit?

• I have an AMD Radeon GPU and I am experiencing a CTD when changing views TO the cockpit.
    • I have an AMD Radeon GPU and I am NOT experiencing a CTD when changing views TO the cockpit.
    • I have an AMD Radeon GPU and I am experiencing a CTD, but not related to changing views.

6 hours ago, 331BK said:

I currently get about 17-25 FPS at EGLL with settings pretty high, but for sure i lost some frames compared to the 2080 TI. But i don`t have any OOM regarding VRAM 🙂

I hope in my case the water cooler will help squeze out some more frames.

What i don`t understand is why the GPU Clock is jumping arround like crazy even when the gpu is at 97 % Usage.  It jumps to 600 , 1700 , 900 Mhz all the time. Should i install the older driver? I use 20.4.1 currently. 

@cwburnett thanks for your affinity mask settings use HT with your affinity mask runns quite well still as mentioned i can only achive currently aobut 17- 25 FPS over London City with all nearly cranked up fully.  But thats nearly 100 % immprovment over V4 and there i had much lower settings for builindgs , trees ....

I think the jumping around is due to temperature throttling.  Should be better with the water cooling and you should be able to crank it up then with wattman to something like 2Ghz.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

hope EK is shipping the cooler tommorow.

then I can give feedback 

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

Hi,

What about the rx590 ? Any experience ?

Aimé
My Youtube channel

Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit / MS-7917 / 16384MB RAM / ATI Radeon RX590 8GB Vram / SyncMaster B2430L / SyncMaster 2333SW / LG ULTRAWIDE / Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 / Yüsmart JT198x7-1 / Flight Yoke System / Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel + Trottle quadran / Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals / Trackir5

anyone got the 737ngxu running?  when I try the workaround and load the plane in sim.

the display driver immediately crashes 

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

short update for the amd guys: 

Watercooler is now on my radeon vii can now have about 2050-2150 Mhz Core and 1250 Mhz RAM. 

But it seems there is some hidden "FPS" Limiter in P3D regardles of where I am on the world i only reach 20-22 FPS. 

I can load EGLL with TE, EHAM with TE, EKCH , KBOS always about 20 FPS realy strange.

sfo_a320.png

Hi

I've just install a rx590

Have you a setting for a better experience ?

Aimé
My Youtube channel

Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit / MS-7917 / 16384MB RAM / ATI Radeon RX590 8GB Vram / SyncMaster B2430L / SyncMaster 2333SW / LG ULTRAWIDE / Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 / Yüsmart JT198x7-1 / Flight Yoke System / Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel + Trottle quadran / Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals / Trackir5

12 minutes ago, Leclercq A. said:

Hi

I've just install a rx590

Have you a setting for a better experience ?

From what I've read, the view change CTD bug seems only to apply to the RX 5xxx series cards and not the RX 5xx series of cards.  So, the 5500, 5600 and 5700s are having the problems, where as the 500s are not.

In terms of settings, are you asking for P3D settings for that card, or settings for the card itself in the Adrenaline 2020 software?

Are you running v4.5 or v5?

What is your experience so far?

Edited by cwburnett

I've changed my gtx970 to radeon because vRam issue.

I run p3dv5.

I try to find a setting trougth the Adrenaline software, because I can't see the aircrafts in the aircraft preview window.

Aimé
My Youtube channel

8 minutes ago, Leclercq A. said:

I've changed my gtx970 to radeon because vRam issue.

I run p3dv5.

I try to find a setting trougth the Adrenaline software, because I can't see the aircrafts in the aircraft preview window.

You can see my Adrenaline settings here, not not sure those will help you: https://i.imgur.com/baDllbi.jpg

There were a couple threads about this back in 2017 for v4 and it was generally linked to some incompatible scenery add-ons that had changed some core sim files.

I would suggest trying a couple things:

Delete your generated files (there's a link in the Prepar3D v5 directory) - note that when you do this, you will lose your config, so you may want to back up your prepar3d.cfg file and your add-ons.xml files in case you need to re-add anything.  After you do this, restart the computer and then test with a default aircraft.  If you then see the preview, add back your add-ons one at a time to see if one causes it.

Other causes seem to have been needing to reinstall the Client, needing to reinstall all of Prepar3D and needing to run DDU to clear out all previous graphics drivers and reinstall the driver.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but those are the things I'd suggest trying. I don't think anything in the graphics card settings would cause this.

Ok, many thanks for the suggestions.

Regards

Aimé
My Youtube channel

I also had this issue,  after a v5 crash. In my case I did a complete v5 reinstall. 

sfo_a320.png

Still I don't understand the low frames even with crazy oc. 

Maybee the hot fix from LM or new driver from AMD helps,. 

sfo_a320.png

7 minutes ago, 331BK said:

Still I don't understand the low frames even with crazy oc. 

Maybee the hot fix from LM or new driver from AMD helps,. 

What does your CPU and GPU utilization look like when you're getting low frames?  A shot like this would help... https://i.imgur.com/BGwrd1E.jpg

I did get materially lower performance out of the VII than the 5700XT, for whatever reason. Like a 10-20% drop in performance.  I did not expect that, but I was maxing out the GPU...

97 - 99 % usage.  yes I'm also surprised that a vii @ 2150 MHz is not able to deliver 30 fps the 2080 TI was easily able to do that 

sfo_a320.png