Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

Anyone have an AMD Radeon GPU working with v5?

Anyone have an AMD Radeon GPU working with v5?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use an AMD Radeon GPU and, if so, are you experiencing a CTD on changing view TO the cockpit?

• I have an AMD Radeon GPU and I am experiencing a CTD when changing views TO the cockpit.
    • I have an AMD Radeon GPU and I am NOT experiencing a CTD when changing views TO the cockpit.
    • I have an AMD Radeon GPU and I am experiencing a CTD, but not related to changing views.

not sure if anyone of you is using TrueSky enabled.  

But just to mention : Disabled god rays and now performance with my Radeon vii is at 25 - 30 FPS with same quality settings as before and true sky enabled to high.

As soon as i enable good rays: i cannot get over 20 regardles of what i`m doing, also the card stays at a clocks of 1900 - 2100 without god rays.  While when i enable god ray it`s jumping from 300 to 2100 all the time.

Edited by 331BK

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

4 hours ago, 331BK said:

not sure if anyone of you is using TrueSky enabled.  

But just to mention : Disabled god rays and now performance with my Radeon vii is at 25 - 30 FPS with same quality settings as before and true sky enabled to high.

As soon as i enable good rays: i cannot get over 20 regardles of what i`m doing, also the card stays at a clocks of 1900 - 2100 without god rays.  While when i enable god ray it`s jumping from 300 to 2100 all the time.

That's really interesting actually.  As I mentioned in the HF thread, I'm giving up on v5 for now.  Still have the same CTDs with the HF - it wasn't addressed.  Super frustrating.  I'm installing the latest XP Vulcan demo right now and am going to test out ORBX TE with the Zibo 737...maybe that can keep me occupied until MSFS or they get v5 working...

• Like 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

2 hours ago, cwburnett said:

That's really interesting actually.  As I mentioned in the HF thread, I'm giving up on v5 for now.  Still have the same CTDs with the HF - it wasn't addressed.  Super frustrating.  I'm installing the latest XP Vulcan demo right now and am going to test out ORBX TE with the Zibo 737...maybe that can keep me occupied until MSFS or they get v5 working...

Understand you, i like to play arround but slowly i´m also getting tired. Anyhow i have to admit even with V5 at 20 FPS over London City with 4xsaa it feels much more smooth then V4. So i think i leave my setting and tuning as it is.  And wait for the heavies to arrive.

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

Have not had any crashes of any kind yet on my 5700XT, guess I'm lucky. It runs so much better than previous P3D versions when loaded up with a bunch of addons, so I'm quite happy.

1 hour ago, Prpn said:

Have not had any crashes of any kind yet on my 5700XT, guess I'm lucky. It runs so much better than previous P3D versions when loaded up with a bunch of addons, so I'm quite happy.

Okay that's great news, can you share as much detail as possible about your setup and settings? Even the pertinent parts of a DXDIAG file would be amazing. This could really help LM and the rest of us!

-Exact version of card

-Exact OS version/build

-Which P3D version

-P3D settings

-Adrenaline Settings

For starters at least. Would be super helpful helpful

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

Reference 5700XT with the blower cooler.
Latest Windows 10 all up to date (18363.815).
Latest AMD drivers (20.4.2)
Latest P3D v5, literally just downloaded and installed yesterday (full version download). No P3D install before this, fresh OS install as well a couple of weeks back.
Nothing special in P3D, most sliders full right except no AI traffic yet and Autogen sliders (those are one step below full right). Texture size 2048x2048. 2x SSAA, 16x AF, 1440p resolution monitor.
No special settings in Radeon Software, although with adjusted fan curve for slightly better cooling and slight overclock with target set to 2100MHz instead of default 2040MHz.

The only way I've been able to make it hang is by switching planes like 10 times (happened just now after installing a bunch of not officially supported P3D V5 addons and checking which work, so can't even say if that was GPU related).

Rest of hardware is a Maximus X Code Z370 board with an i9 9900K @ 5GHz all cores overclock and 16GB 3200MHz DDR4. And sim loaded on an NVME M.2 SSD.

Greetings and health to all ....

What is shown in the image occurs when switching between window mode and full screen or vice versa.
Several attempts must be made until it is normalized.

AMD RX480 8 Gb.
Driver: I have tried several and the same thing happens.

I also use V4.5 without problems.

P3D

We are all still waiting for a fix from AMD or LM. 

They said they informed AMD and working with them on the issue 

sfo_a320.png

I have been able to sim pretty decently so far on my 5700XT, with the exception of the PMDG 747 which crashes on switch back to VC after external view. But now the Aerosoft A330 basically causes an instant DXGI hang and/or just instant CTD when I get into the VC (which is obviously right on scenario start).

Really hope they come with a fix soon, I can only be happy with the lighter aircraft for so long.

AMD 3900x - Radeon VII - 20.4.1

Win 10 Pro 1909 latest updates.  - P3D V5 HF1

I get the view change CTD with the following aircraft:

A2A Cub

A2A C172

Ant's Airplanes Tiger Moth Pro

default F-16

default F-35 ABC etc.

default TTA thing. 

Cheers,

Bully.

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

Interesting side note. 

Since i turned off HT my card is boosting constantly to 2000 mhz and not jumping arround crazy as before ?! 

strange

sfo_a320.png

No fix, still instant crash switching from external to VC in the PMDG 747.