Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

Prepar3D Addon Organizer updated to 1.51

Hello @ll,

a couple of bugs have been fixed.

• Addon packages on a discovery path were being added to the wrong add-ons.cfg file
  • On first load, the scenery paths in the Scenery Treelist appear to be empty. That is just a depiction problem, they aren't really empty, the app just didn't show them

You wouldn't notice either of those in normal operations, but they were wrong nonetheless...

Best regards

• Like 5

LORBY-SI

Oliver - Haven't had a chance to dl 1.51 and check but there may be a little buglet in 1.50.

Add scenery - select add to scenery.cfg - select scenery and browse to location - cllck ok - name of file and scenery title are filled in properly - do not submit - browse to a different file (changed mind) - click ok - filename is populated correctly but the scenery title remains unchanged. If I erase the title and hit ok again, it populates correctly - just not if it's got something in it.

Thanx,

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

7 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Windows 10 keeps blocking download of 1.51 saying virus.  Trojan:Win32/Spursint.F!cl

Please take note of the red text at the top of the downloads page. It is the download link itself that is being blocked, because persons unknown always flag them as malicious. There usually is a way to download the file anyway.

All downloadable files are always screened with Norton Security Premium. The MD5 hashcode is provided as well, so you can check if the file has been tampered with on the server.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

1 hour ago, Lorby_SI said:

Please take note of the red text at the top of the downloads page. It is the download link itself that is being blocked, because persons unknown always flag them as malicious. There usually is a way to download the file anyway.

All downloadable files are always screened with Norton Security Premium. The MD5 hashcode is provided as well, so you can check if the file has been tampered with on the server.

Best regards

Thanks I got it to work now.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Hi Oliver,

Great tool and essential for P3D v5 but I have had some issues with it (currently running 1.53).

Not sure if these are bugs or my misunderstanding the use! I currently have P3D v4.5 and 5 separately installed and a bunch of ORBX scenery. All ORBX are are XML.

If items are multi-selected weird things can happen if scenery items are disabled via groups. They don't seem to move around when you try and change order, seem to move randomly or jump back to where they were originally after save. 

Alo, I did have an issue with the scenery paths not changing if you swapped between P3D v4.1+ and V5 (i.e. they stayed incorrect as the original version (until the app was restarted) but have not replicated that in this update.

Anyhow, couldn't see this discussed in the document so thought I'd pass it on!

Thanks for the great tool.

Cheers

Bernie

22 hours ago, BernieGarrett said:

If items are multi-selected weird things can happen if scenery items are disabled via groups. They don't seem to move around when you try and change order, seem to move randomly or jump back to where they were originally after save. 

When add-on.xml based scenery is disabled, then it effectively doesn't exist (see the chapter at the beginning of the P4AO manual about disabling scenery). This will be especially problematic when this add-on.xml based scenery is moved into the numerical range of the scenery.cfg (dark colors below or between light colors). Is the strict package law turned on? That can cause the same behavior.

22 hours ago, BernieGarrett said:

scenery paths not changing if you swapped between P3D v4.1+ and V5

Yes, that was a problem in the early 1.50 version.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

On 4/28/2020 at 12:04 PM, Lorby_SI said:

When add-on.xml based scenery is disabled, then it effectively doesn't exist (see the chapter at the beginning of the P4AO manual about disabling scenery). This will be especially problematic when this add-on.xml based scenery is moved into the numerical range of the scenery.cfg (dark colors below or between light colors). Is the strict package law turned on? That can cause the same behavior.

Yes, that was a problem in the early 1.50 version.

Best regards

Makes sense! thanks for an essential tool. Now if only there was a fix for the 90% of prior add-on scenery that no longer work after the P3D v5 hotfix... I see multiple reports of this,so its not just the occasional add-on (e.g. http://www.uk2000scenery.org/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=b9c37c9351d48b9b3a43b13a32d38284&topic=9990.0) and not sure what the issue is, incompatible texture formats, PBR or GUID?  

Cheers

Bernie 

what is the win-rar password for unzipping?

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

1 hour ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

what is the win-rar password for unzipping?

The current password is always posted right below the download link on the Lorby-SI website.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

6 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

The current password is always posted right below the download link on the Lorby-SI website.

Best regards

OMG it was right in front of me...ROFL.  Thanks as always. 

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply