Sign in to follow this  
JRBarrett

P3d 5 issues with lighting

1 hour ago, ark said:

The new installer is only currently available from the Flysimware store. The other stores will get the new installer in a few days to a week from now.

Al

Got it, 

Ill wait patiently until i get the notification! Thanks for the reply AL, good job on the aircraft and the quick installer.

Mike

7 minutes ago, Kaydet said:

Got it, 

Ill wait patiently until i get the notification! Thanks for the reply AL, good job on the aircraft and the quick installer.

Mike

You are welcome. FSW likes to start updates with his own store until he is reasonably sure there are no bugs that were missed somehow. Then he sends the updates to all the other stores.

Hi, i have the new version 4.3b, and the described line in the panel.cfg is there, but my autopilot lights are still not working (p3d v5).

Cheers,

Martin Hübner

34 minutes ago, Deevilius85 said:

Hi, i have the new version 4.3b, and the described line in the panel.cfg is there, but my autopilot lights are still not working (p3d v5).

Please try a quick test. After loading the Lear and clicking on 'Ready to start' in the Hanger (Shift+1), press the annunciator light test button that is just to the right and above the standby attitude indicator. Do any of the annuciator lights above the AP lights come on, or any of the AP lights come on? If you could post a screen shot here of the lights that would be helpful.

Also, one thing you can try is to make the F-35 your default flight. Load it on to a runway, make sure the engines are running and systems powered up, then save it as your default flight. Some have found (including me) that this helps to initiate some of the sim variables. In general it is always good to start with a default a/c before loading a complex one. PMDG also advises this. I have found that for me the F-35 works better than other default a/c in this role.

Al

Edited by ark

13 minutes ago, ark said:

Please try a quick test. After loading the Lear and clicking on 'Ready to start' in the Hanger (Shift+1), press the annunciator light test button that is just to the right and above the standby attitude indicator. Do any of the annuciator lights above the AP lights come on, or any of the AP lights come on? If you could post a screen shot here of the lights that would be helpful.

Also, one thing you can try is to make the F-35 your default flight. Load it on to a runway, make sure the engines are running and systems powered up, then save it as your default flight. Some have found (including me) that this helps to initiate some of the sim variables. In general it is always good to start with a default a/c before loading a complex one. PMDG also advises this. I have found that for me the F-35 works better than other default a/c in this role.

Al

The trick with the default flight worked, thanks! Amazing support.

Cheers,

Martin Hübner

19 minutes ago, Deevilius85 said:

The trick with the default flight worked, thanks! Amazing support.

Ah, great, I needed some good news!  😃 And unless you like working through all the startup procedures from Cold and Dark, don't forget clicking on 'Ready to start' is the way to go.

Al

Edited by ark

Hi Everybody,

For P3Dv5 with Lear v 4.3c I can confirm both the issue described and the solution. So putting the Lear into the 'Ready to Start' position will solve the issue. If thereafter you press 'All Systems Off", the issue will reappear/ Pressing the 'Ready to Start' option thereafter again will solve the issue.

Tested solution for those that want to start the Lear in Cold & Dark:

(1) Load the Lear

(2) Select the 'Ready to Start' option in the Hangar;

(3) Manually turn all preset cockpit switches

(4) Proceed with normal Cold & Dark procedure

This works for me.

Martin 

Martin Jancke

Flight Simulation & PMDG Enthusiast

IVAO Pilot (if time permits)

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg