Sign in to follow this  
Paul12

Difference between Gold Edition and Delux Edition

Any body know what the diferenc is between FSX Gold and Deluxe Edition ?

Thank you

Paul 12

Herbert Werni

Airplanes, Missions, and some capabilities.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Delux included some additional content over standard - e.g garmin glass cockpit plus Maule  and also included the SDK.

Gold is Delux + Acceleration and includes  F18 Hornet, P51 Mustang EH101 helicopter

I have the Deluxe on my Laptop and added the SP1 and 2 to it. You do not need to do that with the Gold one but usually update it with the acceleration dvd that is with it. 

If  you are considering using FSX, I would use the Steam Edition. It's Acceleration with some performance and other enhancements, plus you can usually find FSX:SE on sale for only $5 on the Steam site.  I've run all versions of FSX over many years and FSX:SE was my favorite version.

With that said, if you're able to use P3Dv4.5 (64 bit sim) I would use it instead, and if you can wait a bit longer the major bugs in P3Dv5 should be taken care of soon.

Best wishes!

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Of course now that you decide on which version you should decide on what type of scenery to use. Mega Scenery Earth or Orbx? 🙄

A more difficult choice I am thinking.

Please fellow simmers, I would ask that you respect that this is a FSX forum and answer the original poster's question without editorializing about other flight simulators.

• Like 2

Ernest Pergrem

7 hours ago, airernie said:

Please fellow simmers, I would ask that you respect that this is a FSX forum and answer the original poster's question without editorializing about other flight simulators.

Thank you for being Ernest! (smile).

In my 40 years in the flight sim community I've never been one to object or de-rate someone for using any sim nor have I ever engaged in any forum of sim bashing.  With that in mind, I will always endeavor to provide the best, most technically accurate information to flight simmers and if that means including other sims in my post then that's what I'll do.  Sorry if that hits a nerve, but that's just how it's going to be.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

7 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Thank you for being Ernest! (smile).

In my 40 years in the flight sim community I've never been one to object or de-rate someone for using any sim nor have I ever engaged in any forum of sim bashing.  With that in mind, I will always endeavor to provide the best, most technically accurate information to flight simmers and if that means including other sims in my post then that's what I'll do.  Sorry if that hits a nerve, but that's just how it's going to be.

Fair enough, but his question wasn't about which simulator you would recommend, but what the difference was between FSX Deluxe and the Gold edition and could have been answered without the need to mention non FSX simulators, which was the point of my response..

Edited by airernie
  • Like 2

Ernest Pergrem

11 minutes ago, airernie said:

Fair enough, but his question wasn't about which simulator you would recommend, but what the difference was between FSX Deluxe and the Gold edition and could have been answered without the need to mention non FSX simulators, which was the point of my response..

And by not mentioning other Sims, it will help to keep the "This Sim VS That Sim" arguments from happening!

This is a good rule to follow:

😉

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: