Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
broncoblair

Very Low FPS On Loaded PC

Recommended Posts

Hey guys

Im sure this is a classic question here but i am finding a lot of my flying time in P3D is not very fun because of slow FPS. I have lots of addons yes. I have looked at the best settings to run things in the past but it doesnt seem to do much. I have VR as well and forget that, if im getting 13-19 FPS on the ground with an addon aircraft (like FSLabs) and an addon airport like (FlyTampa).

PC:

 i7 7700kj overclocked to 4700

32g of ram

GTX1080 Ti with 12g of VRAM also overclocked from 1500mhz to 1700

 

This thing should be smoking. I dont understand. Seems to mostly be weighed down by weather and add on airports, ive tried to get the best weather settings for performance but no dice here. 

DCS world i play VR and get 30-50 FPS. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

You need to be a little more forthcoming with your setup, which version of P3D are you running, maybe some screenshots of your current settings? For vr are you using single pass? What headest and settings there?

Might be time to dump the 7700k now that things are taking advantage of more cores and threads...


Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 5 3600, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 2070 Super, Samsung Odyssey +

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, broncoblair said:

Hey guys

Im sure this is a classic question here but i am finding a lot of my flying time in P3D is not very fun because of slow FPS. I have lots of addons yes. I have looked at the best settings to run things in the past but it doesnt seem to do much. I have VR as well and forget that, if im getting 13-19 FPS on the ground with an addon aircraft (like FSLabs) and an addon airport like (FlyTampa).

PC:

 i7 7700kj overclocked to 4700

32g of ram

GTX1080 Ti with 12g of VRAM also overclocked from 1500mhz to 1700

 

This thing should be smoking. I dont understand. Seems to mostly be weighed down by weather and add on airports, ive tried to get the best weather settings for performance but no dice here. 

DCS world i play VR and get 30-50 FPS. 

 

 

I have virtually identical system as you with no issues. Have you tried HT off?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, CaptainNick said:

You need to be a little more forthcoming with your setup, which version of P3D are you running, maybe some screenshots of your current settings? For vr are you using single pass? What headest and settings there?

Might be time to dump the 7700k now that things are taking advantage of more cores and threads...

Sorry! P3D 4.5 latest. version. And the VR isnt even the issue, this is without VR. VR is worse but thats why i think it is something else. HP Reverb using Steam VR. Here are my P3D settings and Nvidea control panel settings. Note when i use VR i turn off Vsync and make frame rate unlimited, if i do that without VR the screen flashes. 

Screenshot-42.png
Screenshot-45.png
Screenshot-46.png

Edited by broncoblair

Share this post


Link to post

What are all your sliders like? The fslabs buses are pretty heavy handed on frame rates by them selves....


Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 5 3600, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 2070 Super, Samsung Odyssey +

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, CaptainNick said:

What are all your sliders like? The fslabs buses are pretty heavy handed on frame rates by them selves....

Im finding its mostly weather really dragging me down i have REX Environmental Force as well as Active Sky

Edited by broncoblair

Share this post


Link to post

Rather than question your settings (you must have reasons for them) I will simply say what I run, because it works, and I have the same video card as you have.  I run vsync ON, TB ON, internal frame unlimited, and refresh rate of 30 hz.  That is the hot ticket to smoothness with my 1080ti + 8700K HT=on system.  If you can't set your display to refresh at 30 hz there are a number of options using RTSS or similar.  I think even the nvidia control panel now has scanline and 1/2 refresh options, but I have no experience using them.

I don't use REX.  I use ActiveSky + ASCA + EnvTex.

You might consider setting your AA to application controlled.  I think 8x in the nvidia control panel may be hurting you in cloudy weather, especially if it's trying to use SSAA.   If the driver-level 8x setting is something needed for VR I would say get your rig set up for desktop/monitor first, save that profile, and only then set it up for VR, with a separate VR settings profile in P3D.

Since you did not show your other settings pages for autogen, lighting, etc. that's about as in-depth as any of us can go.   Your biggest frame rate killers in 4.5 will be Autogen Buildings, Autogen Radius, both Special Effects sliders, traffic sliders, and excessive AA on clouds / SSAA at night with HD lighting on.


Rhett

i7-8700k @ 5.0 ghz, 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ, 1080Ti, 32" BenQ, 4K res

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    28%
    $7,075.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...