Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

Hamburg EDDH v2 by JustSim Issues

Purchased recently the update of the Hamburg International Airport EDDH v2 by Justsim at SimMarket (discounted at 7.30 Euro for previous owners of EDDH v1). During the installation, I've got an error or warning message about a missing installer in big blue letters, with no indication of which installer it was referring to. I disregarded the warning, pressed continue and finished the installation. The new scenery entry was properly located inside the scenery.CFG file (Justsim uses the conventional install).

After the installation, my P3D hung at crashed before the start-up scenario screen showed-up, with no further reports on Windows Event Viewer and/or in the Application Crash Viewer. Uninstalled this scenery, tried to start P3D again, but got the same behavior and CTD.

Since the error/warning message during the EDDH v2 installation was to the end of the install process, I decided to check for SODE, thinking that the trouble with the installer was related to the SODE installation, which is normally done at the end of the installation as I've learned from other scenery installers. I have the latest SODE v1.7.0. I then decided to un-register SODE, re-install and re-register SODE again. After those SODE checkings, fortunately everything is back to normal and my P3D starts-up correctly, as always.

Contacted Justsim's support, they accepted there's an error message at the end of the EDDH v2 installation, mentioning that I should disregard the warning and continue with the installation, but refused to comment on the CTD's. Now, the sim runs Ok, but the EDDH v2 scenery remains uninstalled, obviously to avoid trouble.

Anyone that purchased EDDH v2 is getting the same error/warning message?, CTD's, or I'm alone?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hey Ed,

i also purchased it. As an update from v1 and i have  to say that i installed it without any problems into p3dv5.

so sorry that i cannot help you instead of saying it worked for me.

take care, Carsten

Carsten U

Me too have purchased the V2 of EDDH and i got that error message aswell. But my SIM runs stable without any issues at EDDH. But i´am using it with P3D V5. 

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

Hi, thanks to both of you for your answers. Only difference is that I'm still running P3Dv4.5(hf2), but don't think this would make a difference regarding the issue.

Thanks again, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

10 hours ago, edpatino said:

Only difference is that I'm still running P3Dv4.5(hf2)

Ed, I am also on P3D4.5.2 and I've had neither any trouble with installing JS EDDHv2 nor with using it in the sim. It is working flawlessly for me.
So, it must be something on your side. What I would do is completely uninstall the scenery, manually remove each remaining file connected with EDDH (including SODE files), restart the sim, exit, install EDDHv2 and see.

3 hours ago, Rafal said:

Ed, I am also on P3D4.5.2 and I've had neither any trouble with installing JS EDDHv2 nor with using it in the sim. It is working flawlessly for me.
So, it must be something on your side. What I would do is completely uninstall the scenery, manually remove each remaining file connected with EDDH (including SODE files), restart the sim, exit, install EDDHv2 and see.

Hi Rafal, thanks for your comments. You were lucky by not having that error/warning message during installation.

I have not completely discarded the issue of the P3D hangs after the installation of EDDH v2 is maybe something on my side (all systems are different) but the fact is that all my the issues were resolved after completely uninstalling EDDH v2 (and its remains) and re-installing and re-registering SODE all over again.

I've decided to keep EDDH v2 uninstalled for now on my sim until I have a better understanding of what exactly happened, and/or JS releases a new good EDDH v2 installer as it should have been from the very beginning.

I don't feel comfortable purchasing a new scenery and having error messages when using the installer (that has not only happened to me, as other users have reported the same in this thread). What is still less acceptable is the developer admitting there's really an error message and instructs you to disregard it.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

5 hours ago, edpatino said:

I don't feel comfortable purchasing a new scenery and having error messages when using the installer.

You are right, of course. That is a bad practice from any developer.