Sign in to follow this  
jfwharton

New Garmin Trainer 2.7.10 Messed up my F1 GTNs

8 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Which aircraft would you lose?

That's something I would like to know as well, would I miss a plane? Currently, for Prepar3D the Milviz Beaver and the Carenado Phenom 300 would be affected if I wanted to move fully to RXP. 

For the Beaver it should not be an issue. Does someone know if Jorge's Phenom GTN mod can be used with the RXP GTN?

Hans

Just updated to win 10 2004.

I also updated RXP gtn 750 to latest version. It forced to to update trainer. This causes issues with the F1 GTN Trainers for P3D v4 to show an error when trying to load the trainer.

The GTN 750 shows up in XP 11.41. It turns on but after loading the terrain is missing.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

@DJJose Hi, I've merged your question with the discussion about this very topic. There are solutions in the recommended posts.

Can you please detail what do you mean with "Terrain is missing"?

NB: the RXP installer should just give you the choice to install the latest trainer, not forcing you?!?

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

16 minutes ago, RXP said:

@DJJose Hi, I've merged your question with the discussion about this very topic. There are solutions in the recommended posts.

Can you please detail what do you mean with "Terrain is missing"?

NB: the RXP installer should just give you the choice to install the latest trainer, not forcing you?!?

Got both working by using an older trainer as explained in the p3d v4 forum. Both versions of the GTN 750 work on both sims.

After F1 issues an update, I'll go back to the latest trainer.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Some of aircraft I would lose are the flysimware Mu-2 , C441, Alabeo C310R, C421, PA23, PA44, Carenado B55, 690B, C90, D185, F50, PA31T, PA42, PC12, MILVIZ DHC-2, DHC-3, C310R, JF Pa28 Archer, PA28 Arrow, 

As far as I heard, C310R, PC12 and DHC-2 should be easy to switch. Can't talk about the others. 

Hans

17 minutes ago, jfwharton said:

Some of aircraft I would lose are the flysimware Mu-2 , C441, Alabeo C310R, C421, PA23, PA44, Carenado B55, 690B, C90, D185, F50, PA31T, PA42, PC12, MILVIZ DHC-2, DHC-3, C310R, JF Pa28 Archer, PA28 Arrow, 

If you currently have them working OK.. I would not touch them... but if ever in the future you might want to switch them, you can.. with very little effort  🙂

Bert

5 hours ago, hjsmuc said:

Does someone know if Jorge's Phenom GTN mod can be used with the RXP GTN?

Sure.. I changed my Phenom over to RXP.. no trouble.

Bert

19 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Sure.. I changed my Phenom over to RXP.. no trouble.

Thanks Bert. Is this doable with the instructions from the RXP manual or is your panel expertise required?

Hans

21 minutes ago, hjsmuc said:

Thanks Bert. Is this doable with the instructions from the RXP manual or is your panel expertise required?

Once you have the "other" GTN installed, you can substitute it by the RXP version, using the instructions in the RXP documentation.. takes two minutes.

• Like 2

Bert