Sign in to follow this  
airlinetycoon

SimConnect problem - no 1sec system event

10 hours ago, cknipe said:

Very rarely happened in 18.1, now happening quite frequently again in 18.2 - mostly when on the ground.

18.2 and 18.1 are identical wrt SimConnect code....

2 hours ago, kiek said:

If you get the 1 sec msg PSXT is still connected to SimConnect, so there is no possibility to reconnect... It is just that a simple function, of Simconnect,  the 1 sec timer has halted.

This indicates a problem in your local Simconnect server. Thats why PSXT stops. Another option would be to disconnect to SimConnect and the Simulator and reboot PSXT but that would also cause a strange sight..

So why doesn't this happen with *any* other addons?

11 minutes ago, cknipe said:

So why doesn't this happen with *any* other addons?

Good question, maybe they do not use that function. 

The 1sec event halted could also indicate that the whole SimConnect proces for PSXT at the server hangs... So why is it hanging? And why for just a few users? Out of 500 ....

Edited by kiek

sigh - here we go again playing games and running around in circles

Sims hang, Sims have stutters, it's unfortunately the nature of the beast. IF that even is the problem.  Regardless of whether that is the problem or not, ALL other addons, accommodate those pauses and stutters, PSXT apparently doesn't if what you say is true.

Regardless of that, you've got a bunch of people here that would LOVE to use your software.  You're making it incredibly difficult for us to do so.  Arguing, pointing fingers at other things, that's not helping.  You can't expect everyone to change everything (let's say is HF causing this, for arguments sake - do you seriously expect us to use PSXT without weather now?) just so that your application works.  Find a fix, find a way around whatever the problem is.  If it is HF, wouldn't the better thing be to contact HF and try work out what is happening with them, and find a solution?

We don't have access to the code, we can't tell you what is / is not happening, nor can we tell you what the problem is.  Only you can.

May I remind you, that on versions 17.x, this was *NEVER* an issue?  Same PC, same Sim, same addons... 17.x works fine, 18.x does not.  Do you still want to tell us that the problem is the sim?

May I remind you, 18.1 was initially only for p3d5 (64 bit version) - you said so yourself.  Mysteriously, all off a sudden after you pushed a fix, 18.1 (64 bit version) all of a sudden worked in P3Dv4 even though you again at that time stated, no changes was made to simconnect?

We can play these games and have these arguments all you want.  The fact remains that you are the only one that can either fix this, or implement a workaround for it.  You can choose to deny and argue, or you can choose to fix it.

Edited by cknipe

auto lf_datadefs() noexcept {

SimConnect_SubscribeToSystemEvent(l_hSimConnect, EVENT_1SEC, "1sec");       // Request a notification every second.

}

auto lf_handle_SIMCONNECT_RECV_ID_EVENT(SIMCONNECT_RECV const* pData) noexcept {
        if (auto const* evt{ reinterpret_cast<SIMCONNECT_RECV_EVENT const*>(pData) }; evt) {
            switch (evt->uEventID) {
            case EVENT_1SEC:
            {
                gf_heartBeat();
            }

}

Thats all there is, it is simple is not it? What can I change?.

Edited by kiek

45 minutes ago, cknipe said:

May I remind you, 18.1 was initially only for p3d5 (64 bit version) - you said so yourself.  Mysteriously, all off a sudden after you pushed a fix, 18.1 (64 bit version) all of a sudden worked in P3Dv4 even though you again at that time stated, no changes was made to simconnect?

I meant the C++ code, that (temporary) change had to do with linking the SimConnect.lib versions of P3Dv4 / P3Dv5 / P3Dv5 HF2

Edited by kiek

13 minutes ago, cknipe said:

May I remind you, that on versions 17.x, this was *NEVER* an issue?  

Maybe for you but not for all. One of the causes was loading a flight that took longer then 30 seconds. I fixed that by testing on the flightsim interrupted state. That test is still present in 18.2.

Edited by kiek

17 minutes ago, cknipe said:

The fact remains that you are the only one that can either fix this, or implement a workaround for it.  You can choose to deny and argue, or you can choose to fix it.

I'd love to fix it but one of the problems is that at my end I'm not able to reproduce this error... 

I will make a version wit lot of trace info available, maybe that will give us an idea..

Edited by kiek

Another problem is that it is for me extremely random

and because of that it’s difficult to help finding out the cause

Sometimes I can have a nice long session of an hour or two without any problems sometimes all of a sudden it happens

mike

• Like 1

Sim,PC, monitor,prescription glasses, chair.

26 minutes ago, kiek said:

I'd love to fix it but one of the problems is that at my end I'm not able to reproduce this error... 

I will make a version wit lot of trace info available, maybe that will give us an idea..

Here 64 bit 18.3 with a lot of trace info (.exe only) . And here the 32 bit version.

Edited by kiek

FYI Kriek:

Seems to be identical to the previous issue where you added the additional debug logging (this is still with 18.2 - will fire up 18.3 momentarily)

FDX1528* N173FE   MEM ->ROC  B763 airborne not detected, no ON_GROUND msg received, no objectId.. is hanging ...
FDX1528* N173FE   MEM ->ROC  B763 airborne not detected, no ON_GROUND msg received, no objectId.. is hanging ...
Error 09:49:42  SimConnect problem: no 1sec system event

I watched this one happen - no stutters

1) ADSB stopped receiving position updates from PSXT (TCP Port 10747)
2) ADSB reconnected after not receiving a single position report for over 60 seconds (this is coded in my app, it closes and re-establishes the TCP Connection if nothing was received for 60 seconds))
3) The above occurred three times in quick succession
4) PSXT thereafter reported the heartbeat failure

Now, SimConnect is one thing - why is PSXT stopping to advertise position reports?

It would seem to be, that there is some kind of loop and/or thread perhaps that is terminating that is causing this.  I understand what the 1s heartbeat issue is, I understand why it occurring.  I don't understand what is triggering it.

Given the below with position reports stopping, perhaps you are looking in the wrong place.  Assuming this is SimConnect, when in actual fact the SimConnect is just a result of a deeper problem.  It doesn't make sense to me why PSXT would stop transmitting position reports for over 3 x 60s (180 seconds), before eventually terminating due to a timeout on SimConnect.

EDIT: will fix the no ON_GROUND message.  it's just a boolean value that isn't initialized properly with a default value.

Edited by cknipe

5 hours ago, cknipe said:

I understand what the 1s heartbeat issue is, I understand why it occurring.  I don't understand what is triggering it.

Amongst other things it triggers the sending of user aircraft position data to the Data Provider ... (!)  That explains what you noticed in ADSB

The main thread still runs but it does not get heart beat info anymore ...

Edited by kiek

3 hours ago, mike stryczek said:

Thx.

In this log I see that not only the 1 second event is no longer sent at a certain moment in time, but also another 1 second based proces - requesting the position of the user aircraft - is halted at the very same time!

It looks like the SimConnect proces in FSX freezes... 

There are no problems logged with the updates PSXT sends to SimConnect. 

Edited by kiek