Sign in to follow this  
airlinetycoon

SimConnect problem - no 1sec system event

8 minutes ago, cknipe said:

Well that didn't take long LOL

https://tmpfiles.org/download/65235/Log.zip

EPA6234* B-6982   HGH ->SZX  B738 ! same pos not indicated ; G  [5] ST N N S^ S^ a:21f, h:152d, ct:14721, nt:0    = 0k 460f 0fm 0d 14090  = 0m/19s = 124k 1021f 0fm 155d 14777  = 1469m/14s = 124k 1021f 0fm xd 15298  = 0m/5s = 124k 1021f 0fm xd 15470  = 0m/5s = 124k 1021f 0fm xd 15641 
Error nextPosition same not ind

Well, that is something different, please try again.

Edited by kiek

11 hours ago, mike stryczek said:

32 bit FSX box W7

18.4 error log 1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9rj8ddqkq1fqqws/Log 18-4 er1.zip?raw=1

mike

From your log I conclude that the SimConnect main loop is no longer running. Therefore  it will also not respond to a new request to give the user ac position each second.

I really don't know what makes your SimConnect process stop...

Edited by kiek

So for my case I know its when using the fslabs from going full screen to windowed and vice versa the mouse icon spins around for a few seconds and the sim pauses while it does it. 

This is whats kicking out simconnet. 

All my other aircraft don't have the issue.  Only the fslabs 

14ppkc-6.png

@kiek Interesting observation for you that I've made now... 

1) started the latest PSXT (64b, w10), and within minutes, I received the position report issue.

2) started the latest PSXT (64b, W10), but this time WITHOUT ADSB injecting aircraft (connected to 10747, but not sending any information to PSXT) - no errors what so ever.

I am on the ground at VHHH, which has a lot of AI that needs to be injected.

Just an observation, but isn't this perhaps related to PSXT pushing a lot of AI into the sim, and not being able to quickly enough respond to a 1 sec interval as there's too many AI to update?  I've also noticed that since you took the 120 second down to 5 seconds, the error has been occurring a lot more frequently?  

Both logs at https://tmpfiles.org/download/65373/PSXseeconTraffic.zip

EDIT: FYI but I personally am also more than happy to read position reports from the sim itself, instead of from PSXT.  If RT can / want to do the same, then we may potentially remove the issue from PSXT all together.  Just an idea, not sure how much you relay on this information in PSXT.

Edited by cknipe

2 hours ago, cknipe said:

Just an observation, but isn't this perhaps related to PSXT pushing a lot of AI into the sim, and not being able to quickly enough respond to a 1 sec interval as there's too many AI to update? 

No. Updating Ai positions is not tied to the 1 sec interval, it happens 10  to 50 times per second depending on your settings and your Simulator fps. In pre-corona times for a busy airport such as EGLL with 40 m lateral range this worked fine for say 150 real live aircraft.

Edited by kiek

2 hours ago, cknipe said:

EDIT: FYI but I personally am also more than happy to read position reports from the sim itself, instead of from PSXT.  If RT can / want to do the same, then we may potentially remove the issue from PSXT all together.  Just an idea, not sure how much you relay on this information in PSXT.

Reading the user aircraft position report is not the problem. The underlying problem is that SimConnect stops processing. We have noticed that because PSXT derives the 1 sec clock from the user aircraft position updates, and before that by receiving SimConnect's 1 second events.

Edited by kiek

20 hours ago, kiek said:

Here 64 bit 18.4 with even more trace info in order to detect if the SimConnect main loop is still running . And here the 32 bit version.  If user aircraft updates are halted (now noted after 10 seconds instead of 120 seconds) it will up to 5 times re-issue the request. 

this seems to have fixed it for me.  thanks nico.

14ppkc-6.png

3 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

this seems to have fixed it for me.  thanks nico.

I don't think so, you only have not encountered an erroneous situation.

3 hours ago, cknipe said:

From your log:

*        B-LDH    HKG ->     A306 564: new ac ; Buffer  [1] N a:0f, h:0d, ct:-606, nt:564    = 0k 0f 0fm xd 564 
*        B-LDC    HKG ->     A306 564: new ac ; Buffer  [1] N a:0f, h:0d, ct:-606, nt:564    = 0k 0f 0fm xd 564 

You better not use the same callsign for different aircraft. That may lead to problems (although not the problem we are looking for, but you better fix it).

If you have no callsign, you should use the registration codes as call sign, so

B-LDH* B-LDH HKG ->  ..

B-LDC* B-LDC HKG ->

Just now, kiek said:

From your log:

*        B-LDH    HKG ->     A306 564: new ac ; Buffer  [1] N a:0f, h:0d, ct:-606, nt:564    = 0k 0f 0fm xd 564 
*        B-LDC    HKG ->     A306 564: new ac ; Buffer  [1] N a:0f, h:0d, ct:-606, nt:564    = 0k 0f 0fm xd 564 

You better not use the same callsign for different aircraft. That may lead to problems (although not the problem we are looking for, but you better fix it).

If you have no callsign, you should use the registration codes as call sign, so

B-LDH* B-LDH HKG ->  ..

B-LDC* B-LDC HKG ->

Not impossible that it's a bug my side.  Will look into it, ty Nico.

On 7/27/2020 at 4:20 PM, kiek said:

Here 64 bit 18.4 with even more trace info in order to detect if the SimConnect main loop is still running . And here the 32 bit version.  If user aircraft updates are halted (now noted after 10 seconds instead of 120 seconds) it will up to 5 times re-issue the request. 

Updated to see at what event the SimConnect main loop halts. Furthermore simplified the use of mutexes to prevent read/write at the same time (one of known causes in the original thread about this error).

Please give it another try (re-download and re-install).