Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Market Place Partners

5 hours ago, Cognita said:

I think it is great that Microsoft has allowed this flexibility to purchase on the Marketplace or through independent channels. However, I for one am looking forward to dealing with a single source for third-party purchases -- I am just tired of dealing with so many vendor stores, keeping separate passwords, downloaded from many places. It is nice to see Flight Simulator coming into the modern era!

Ditto!!!

Chris Camp

38 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Either that or JV just decided himself that he didn’t need the hassle anymore. It was pretty clear he was often uncomfortable with community management.

It may just be that he'd rather do R&D than management. I could see me doing something like that.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

19 hours ago, XCLTM3 said:

ORBX CEO (Anna Cico) announced earlier this week that they are involved with MSFS2020. At this juncture, it appears they willl revise as many of their airports to be compliant with the new platform.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/197150-orbx-and-microsoft-flight-simulator/

This is good news. Since I own quite a few of their airports, they will be cross-graded to MSFS at a lower cost than buying new. I look forward to that.

Its not as clear-cut as saying they will be crossgraded. Some random guy asked about crossgrades and Anna said:

We are considering special x-platform prices for current customers who have bought content for P3D and XP, which will also appear on MSFS. We haven't really decided anything yet”

So, fingers crossed, but we should keep suggesting this course of action to them.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

@OzWhitey

You are correct.

However, let's imagine if they should decide to alter that course of past performance (ie cross grade pricing platforms) and charge full price on products we already own on other platforms - you and I both know there will be considerable blowback from the customer base.

Ergo, I believe cross-grade will be maintained.

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

7 hours ago, edpatino said:

Glad you're back, man!. That's the today's good news!.

Cheers, Ed

Hi Ed great to hear from you 🙂 hope all is well Buddy

Edited by Richard Sennett

Rich Sennett

14 hours ago, Cognita said:

I think it is great that Microsoft has allowed this flexibility to purchase on the Marketplace or through independent channels. However, I for one am looking forward to dealing with a single source for third-party purchases -- I am just tired of dealing with so many vendor stores, keeping separate passwords, downloaded from many places. It is nice to see Flight Simulator coming into the modern era!

True, the flexibility, openness and confidence of MS in the past years is really sympathic. They've changed their course completely.

When you remember how badly sparks and some others spoke of them, that's the best indication.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

15 hours ago, XCLTM3 said:

@OzWhitey

You are correct.

However, let's imagine if they should decide to alter that course of past performance (ie cross grade pricing platforms) and charge full price on products we already own on other platforms - you and I both know there will be considerable blowback from the customer base.

Ergo, I believe cross-grade will be maintained.

Hey, you are aware that Orbx have already got rid of crossgrade discounts, right? 

So it’s the opposite of maintaining crossgrade, they’d have to reintroduce a policy that they threw away.

CEO wasn’t there to talk about crossgrade, it’s just that i asked her the question so she had to come up with some marketing speak on the spot that sounds kind of promising without committing them to anything.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

7 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Hey, you are aware that Orbx have already got rid of crossgrade discounts, right? 

So it’s the opposite of maintaining crossgrade, they’d have to reintroduce a policy that they threw away.

CEO wasn’t there to talk about crossgrade, it’s just that i asked her the question so she had to come up with some marketing speak on the spot that sounds kind of promising without committing them to anything.

They may have "turned the tap off" on cross-grade for the moment - that doesn't necessarily mean that they can't "turn the tap back on" even if it means using a different term to cross-grade - it would just be a case of marketing semantics.

In any case, if ORBX decide to charge full price on the MSFS2020 products (whilst most of their customer base already have those very products in differing platforms and were able to take advantage of cross-grade pricing historically)...I'd like to see how that turns out for ORBX.

ORBX would have to prove to the customer base that the technology in MSFS2020 is so new, that all their current existing products will need to be redone from scratch in order to justify charging the full cost to customers.

One thing is certain - time will tell.

• Like 1

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

the Dev of FSTramp has said he's been working with the sim

http://www.fstramp.com/ (download section)

July 2020: The new MSFS 11 will be released in mid-August and the compatible FSTramp version is ready 4 to 8 weeks later. But there is an unfortunate change, the FSTramp variant for MSFS becomes an EXE application. Not because that's better, but because MSFS doesn't allow large DLL add-ons. As is common today in the games industry, MSFS is also released in a green state in order to mature later at the customer. This also affects FSTramp. The SimConnect communication interface, the autopilots, the flight characteristics and much more are available in the simulator, but require at least another year of intensive maintenance. During this time, FSTramp will suffer from limitations, which we will overlook if we enjoy the exciting landscapes and play of colors of the simulator.

Edited by Tuskin38