Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

Orbx YBBN

I’ve installed YBBN into v5 

but uncertain what settings to use with regards to fsx ground poly or use the photo  real ground textures  option??

Thsnks 

mike 

Edited by mikeymike

9 hours ago, mikeymike said:

I’ve installed YBBN into v5 

but uncertain what settings to use with regards to fsx ground poly or use the photo  real ground textures  option??

Thsnks 

mike 

It’s up to you, but ground poly looks best so that’s what i use for YBBN.

Ground poly is a bit more taxing on performance, but usually has better aesthetics.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

4 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

It’s up to you, but ground poly looks best so that’s what i use for YBBN.

Ground poly is a bit more taxing on performance, but usually has better aesthetics.

Thanks a for the reply, that’s I went ahead with.

I have  great performanCe

with the exception of modifying the config settings 

thanks

mike

Edited by mikeymike

3 hours ago, mikeymike said:

Thanks a for the reply, that’s I went ahead with.

I have  great performanCe

with the exception of modifying the config settings 

thanks

mike

Well, if you have great performance with orbx YBBN you have a well-tuned system, as many regard it as their worst-performing airport.

Works ok for me in v5, though i’ve also got a lot of the extraneous objects turned off in config.

Not sure if you’ve got orbx Cairns, but that’s a banger of an airport that makes a good trip north from YBBN.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

2 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Well, if you have great performance with orbx YBBN you have a well-tuned system, as many regard it as their worst-performing airport.

Works ok for me in v5, though i’ve also got a lot of the extraneous objects turned off in config.

Not sure if you’ve got orbx Cairns, but that’s a banger of an airport that makes a good trip north from YBBN.

Yes I do have my system well tuned and with 4k , addons to a minimal and only the ones that are compatible with v5.

I don’t  understand why a lot of people need 1tb  of addons.

just more headaches than it’s worth.

No oc of gpu and cpu also.

i9 9900k

32gb 3600mhz ram ddr 4

msi 1080ti lighting z

3x m2 ssd

i have a strong system also which helps.

yes I have cairns also and a few others.

thanks 

mike

Gee, didn't realise YBBN was such a resource pig.  Well, I did, but not relative to other large airports - perhaps you guys are comparing it with other Orbx regional airports, not something like Fly Tampa YSSY?

Hello all,

I hae yet to upgrade to v5, but I do have the Australian ORBX airports.

I have to confirm that YBBN is not just a resource "pig" but the taxiways and runway markings (textures) are really, really bad. The yellow lines are so faint they are almost un-followable (is that a word???) The singular worst airport scenery I own. 

With my computer specs I am reduced to roughly an average of 9 FPS on the ground and it goes up to 15 FPS flying overhead until I get out of range when I average 40 to 50 FPS.

Having just invested in MSFS2020 premium deluxe (to get one OZ airport - YSSY) I am genuinely hoping that ORBX is going to convert all those Aussie airports and finally fix YBBN in the process. I am now wondering if MSFS2020 is going to feature both main runways (actually there are now three)

By the way,, and slightly off topic, I fully intend to run v4.5 until v5 is finally sorted out and also to keep XPlane 11 going in conjunction to the new platform. 

Regards

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

The scenery for now is not too bad in v5.

for me works well.

adjust your config settings.

i was in the orbx forums and they said there will be a v2 version.

cheers

mike

On 7/18/2020 at 8:53 PM, mikeymike said:

The scenery for now is not too bad in v5.

for me works well.

adjust your config settings.

i was in the orbx forums and they said there will be a v2 version.

cheers

mike

Well that’s good too know I just bought it and I hate the runway ground textures looks like FS 9

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

3 hours ago, Navigator43 said:

Well that’s good too know I just bought it and I hate the runway ground textures looks like FS 9

Unfortunately yes the ground textures arnt that great. But performance is way smoother for me in v5.

v2 should be superb.

mike

On 7/19/2020 at 12:43 AM, himmelhorse said:

Hello all,

I hae yet to upgrade to v5, but I do have the Australian ORBX airports.

I have to confirm that YBBN is not just a resource "pig" but the taxiways and runway markings (textures) are really, really bad. The yellow lines are so faint they are almost un-followable (is that a word???) The singular worst airport scenery I own. 

With my computer specs I am reduced to roughly an average of 9 FPS on the ground and it goes up to 15 FPS flying overhead until I get out of range when I average 40 to 50 FPS.

Having just invested in MSFS2020 premium deluxe (to get one OZ airport - YSSY) I am genuinely hoping that ORBX is going to convert all those Aussie airports and finally fix YBBN in the process. I am now wondering if MSFS2020 is going to feature both main runways (actually there are now three)

By the way,, and slightly off topic, I fully intend to run v4.5 until v5 is finally sorted out and also to keep XPlane 11 going in conjunction to the new platform. 

Regards

Tony

I am on v4.5 HF2 and I see no problems whatsoever. In the PMDG 747 with Orbx Australia v2 I get 25-30 fps at the gate in daylight  and low 20s at night. All markings are quite clear, as is the lighting at night. My settings are on the "upper side of middle".

Very odd that you have such troubles.🙁

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

1 hour ago, IanHarrison said:

I am on v4.5 HF2 and I see no problems whatsoever. In the PMDG 747 with Orbx Australia v2 I get 25-30 fps at the gate in daylight  and low 20s at night. All markings are quite clear, as is the lighting at night. My settings are on the "upper side of middle".

Curious what settings you have set in the YBBN config ? You have clear crisp runways and taxiways?

mike

1 hour ago, mikeymike said:

Curious what settings you have set in the YBBN config ? You have clear crisp runways and taxiways?

mike

It is late now, so will check tomorrow and let you know.

• Like 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

OK. Got there tonight.

I have clear crisp runways, parking stands, everything including the plants outside the airport building.

Scenery config is FSX ground poly (default). All the ungrouped options are ticked.

Outside view above the 747 is around 30 fps.

I have a screenshot but can't see how to attach it. If you PM your email, I will send it to you.

5 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

Ian,

I reported this problem to ORBX about two years ago. I was told that it was a resolution problem. No fix offered to date. Due to numerous component failures (power problems in Indonesia) I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Windows and  P3D which has obviously involved scenery re installation. I upgraded to AU2 as well but YBBN remains as bad as it ever was. With my new system, however, I have managed to get FPS up to double digits whilst on ground in YBBN,  This has gone up magically to sometimes 15FPS and about 22 (stable and smooth) overhead and increases to about 55FPS away from YBBN.  The buildings and basic infrastructure at the airport is good to great but the taxiways and runways remain abysmal.   

I am now running P3Dv5 and everything is much the same.  Frame rates on ground are 15 on average and runway/taxiway textures are still "horrible"  In fact, the runways and taxiways are probably up to 3 times better without ORBX but the airport itself is very basic with generic buildings etc.  AU2 is obviously better but the same state exists with and without ORBX YBBN. 

I have no idea what the problem is and have re-installed YBBN from fresh downloads each and every time I have to reinstall Windows or P3D.

Finally. there is no comparison as far as runway and taxiway textures are concerned, with FS2004 . VOZ180 complete, ground textures in YBBN are very much better than ORBX YBBN ground textures in P3D.

This is not an appeal for help as I have accepted that this will not change for P3D but I have hopes for far better quality by ORBX in MSFS.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.