Sign in to follow this  
ap1

Plan-G and LittleNavMap

Does anyone know yet if Plan-G and LittleNavMap will be updated to be compatible with FS?  That would be great.

Little nav map already works, don't know about plan g, but if might considering lnm works

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

if the application is using Simconnect to connect to the sim, it will work.

• Upvote 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

1 hour ago, devgrp said:

Little nav map already works, don't know about plan g, but if might considering lnm works

What is working in LNM? Just the live connection or is it also already able to parse the airport/navdata/procedures from the sim files? I would have thought the data file format changed. 

Windows 10 Pro - Ryzen 3 5900X - nVidia Titan X (Pascal) - 32GB DDR4-3600 === Microsoft Flight Simulator

17 minutes ago, touchdown84 said:

What is working in LNM? Just the live connection or is it also already able to parse the airport/navdata/procedures from the sim files? I would have thought the data file format changed. 

I don't know what it's doing under the hood, but I have airports, navdata and procedures. Mind you I had this already installed when I was using xplane 

10 minutes ago, devgrp said:

I don't know what it's doing under the hood, but I have airports, navdata and procedures. Mind you I had this already installed when I was using xplane 

If you already had the database created once (or are using data from navigraph) it is probably just using the existing data from before, you would have to manually trigger a rebuild of the database from the MSFS data files, if that is possible at all.

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro - Ryzen 3 5900X - nVidia Titan X (Pascal) - 32GB DDR4-3600 === Microsoft Flight Simulator

On 7/31/2020 at 2:17 PM, ap1 said:

Does anyone know yet if Plan-G and LittleNavMap will be updated to be compatible with FS?  That would be great.

Plan-G works too.  They are working on a full-support release (v4, I think), but the current release works pretty well right now.  With the update, it will be able to update it's database from MSFS2020 similar to FSX.  They have posted a couple of tweaks to improve performance until the update is ready (involves reducing what AI aircraft are shown for now).

Plan-G is working fine. It's really a great tool.

I have one issue though, the LOC are offset everywhere. But I think that's a database problem and will probably be solved. It doesn't really matter, I've been able to do ILS approaches anyway.

Edited by Republic3D
spelling

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

LittleNavMap works wonderfully. and I would encourage you to check it out, and if it meets your needs, to support @albar965 Alex.  I have waited to add the MSFS database as I am holding off on Navigraph integration (though after the last few posts on their cooperative efforts with FBW, that will probably change immediately).  Still, it gives me all the information I am looking for in EACH SIM I FLY.  Added to that is the ability to choose Google Maps or AVIATION CHARTS as the layer... and I'm smiling.

C

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

56 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

Plan-G is working fine. It's really a great tool.

I have one issue though, the LOC are offset everywhere. But I think that's a database problem and will probably be solved. It doesn't really matter, I've been able to do ILS approaches anyway.

Can you give an example of where it's wrong? Easy enough to check what the problem is. :)

5 minutes ago, Tim Arnot said:

Can you give an example of where it's wrong? Easy enough to check what the problem is. 🙂

Yes!

Everywhere. I've not found any airport where it's correct. 

I think it's connected with the bug (some) people report where the LOC is offset in the sim. So when populating Plan-G with the database from FS2020, it just imports the data that is already wrong. 
I don't know how to link or upload screenshots, but it's basically the case with every airport for me. 

The "right" side of the LOC cone (looking from the airport perspective) follows the runway direction. The "left" side of the cone is skewed. So the LOC is not centered to the runway direction. I know some real airports have offset LOC, but this is for every single airport with an ILS system.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S

What version of Plan-Gv4 are you running? There were some early builds that didn't have magvar implemented, and that may be skewing them (depending on where in the world you're looking).

Edit: current build is 232, for reference.

Edited by Tim Arnot
further info
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tim Arnot said:

What version of Plan-Gv4 are you running? There were some early builds that didn't have magvar implemented, and that may be skewing them (depending on where in the world you're looking).

Edit: current build is 232, for reference.

I have build 221 I think. 

Should I just uninstall it normally and install the latest one?