Sign in to follow this  
Martin Byrde

Steam Launch/Reviews will be a Disaster

On 8/12/2020 at 6:07 PM, mazex said:

Well - I think most of the kids on Steam have rather beefy computers to be able to run their other games.

Not the case if you look at the latest Steam hardware survey: https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam

The average Steam system has a 4-core CPU running at less than 3.7 GHz, 16GB RAM and a GTX 1060. The number of gamers with high-powered systems seems to be relatively low.

Edited by vortex681

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

You do not need 5ghz CPU for MSFS my CPU not even breaking sweat, GPU yes more power the better.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

3 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Mixed reviews on Steam so far, sadly there are lots of negative ones regarding the download client's issues and missing Premium Deluxe content, and many are making an excellent point. The launcher counts towards your Steam playtime, which means that you will not be able to refund the game after getting to try it, unless you have an insane connection speed.

And I absolutely agree with them! Altough I am still downloading and pretty sure I won't refund, that is a pretty uncool move by Asobo/Microsoft to circumvent steams refund policy like this. Never seen something like this before, not even X-Plane does that.

Edited by lol515

4 minutes ago, lol515 said:

And I absolutely agree with them! Altough I am still downloading and pretty sure I won't refund, that is a pretty uncool move by Asobo/Microsoft to circumvent steams refund policy like this. Never seen something like this before, not even X-Plane does that.

They are absolutely right indeed. This was a terrible launch, and the way the content is handled is far from optimal. I'm fairly confident this is all Microsoft's fault though.

you can still refund the game, you just need to explain to Steam that most of the data is downloaded while the game is running. Then Steam will refund the game, there are several games on steam that have this problem already

• Like 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

You're right, its extremely cynical to make the download time part of the recorded Steam play time when the thing typically takes 8 hours to download inside its own app. 

I've bought Deluxe on Steam but can wait until Friday to download when hopefully a bit quieter and some of the glitches have been ironed out.

Patience, young man, patience! 

This is why the game pass option is the best for users who are unsure 3 months trial will $11 then pull the plug. 

Raymond Fry.

21 minutes ago, revporl said:

You're right, its extremely cynical to make the download time part of the recorded Steam play time when the thing typically takes 8 hours to download inside its own app. 

I've bought Deluxe on Steam but can wait until Friday to download when hopefully a bit quieter and some of the glitches have been ironed out.

Patience, young man, patience! 

Which Friday is That 😁

Raymond Fry.