Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Will MSFS start at all w/ below min specs

21 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Don't worry about it, I'm having lots of trouble with the download client and so do many others. Might be worth waiting until the biggest bugs are fixed and the load on the servers is reduced. Enjoy the French sun!

After a browse through the threads here I reckon that's sound advice Chaotic. Especially for those of us flying on the MEL. 

I'm going to give it a few days at the very least.

Well it launches on my setup and suggests low end default settings.  NYC is a perfectly respectable 30fps in the C152. Unfortunately the sim is a blurry mess at that level.  I tried to visual into La Guardia and couldn't even see the airport on a clear day less than 5 miles out as it looked like a generic brownish ground texture where the runway would be. 

I'll need to play with settings as i was able to up some of the settings without creating a slide show.  Though the built in perf tool clearly shows I am GPU limited in almost all cases even at low end settings. 

All good - somehow. Took me 3 days to get MSFS installed. 1 day to install Win10 from scratch after the 2004 update crashed my windows installation, leaving the PC in a constant "reverting the update" boot cycle. And 2 days to get MSFS finally installed after download was first suspended after some 34GiB with installer CTD, second re-install stopped at a "please wait", third try at the blue progress bar. So I eventually touched all known issues posted by MS somehow until last night the install finally went through :-). Did not have much time yet with the actual sim, though, did not fly over my house, just realized that - as expected - MSFS suggests minimal settings on my rig which is not of much eye candy, will try to sort some things out over the next few days until I figured which hardware to upgrade... 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I am quite certain that upgrading your cpu to a second-hand i7-2600 or similar would help a lot. I had an i5-4430 and updating to an i7-4770 made a huge difference. And it doesn't cost much.

yup, will do that sooner or later. considering an i7-10k but so far I am happy that it actually runs at all. yes, visuals not too much eye candy but somehow on FSX level, so I am used to it 🙂 and it can only get better with my pending HW upgrades. btw, MSFS runs fully fluid when flying GA even w/ live traffic (though not too much around these days) and live weather

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Hasn't started on my i5-7500 3ghz, 8GB Ram, 2gb VRam GT1050....

Back to FSX, maxed that out and having fun with it until I buy a new rig.