Sign in to follow this  
SidekickUBT

Help - CH Throttle Yoke USB

I would suggest downloading CH Control manager just so you can tell what buttons are what in Direct Mode.  I am working on setting up controls now with my trusty tried and true hardware I have had forever.

Update - After a brief circuit in the C-152, the controls are really sensitive.  Reduces sensitivity 20%  Also, toe brakes not working yet, even though they appear to be mapped. 

• Like 1

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Molleh - Do you have toe brakes?  

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Sorry I was waiting for my download to complete before I could get the new mappings for you. The CH Yoke works just fine in MSFS. I've been using it all through the Alpha. Unfortunately as noted it is one of the peripherals that does not preconfigure, so you will need to go through the process once to set it up the way you want. I do NOT use the CH Control Manager - I directly map all the inputs through the MSFS setup screen.

I am going to post the screen shots and more details over on the MSFS Forum since I'm more familiar with it. Sorry for being a newb over here ...

I do also use an Xbox controller along with my yoke and pedals. It makes "flying" the external drone cam really easy and intuitive. But it's absolutely not necessary if you have a yoke and pedals ...

Edited by fhcraig
  • Like 1

@fhcraig Could you advise your sensitivity and dead zone settings on the yoke and pedals? I'd like a good starting point for my own settings.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Well so much for that plan ... the MSFS forum has totally choked this morning. Not too good! If you'll bear with me I'll try to post what I can here.

@ckyliu  I apologize I had already left for work this morning before I saw your request (I knew I should have taken the day off 😄 )I don't have access to my Sensitivity settings. You might just want to try experimenting - in general most of the control settings are too sensitive on the CH Yoke (I'm using the Thrustmaster TFRP pedals but they are probably comparable to what you are using and are also too sensitive). The good news is that you can adjust Control settings from inside the live sim (Esc key) and most config changes will take effect immediately - so it makes it easy to fine tune things.

Here are the screenshots of my current mappings for the Yoke. These is just the way I have things set up - you might like things different. I really don't use the Skew settings from the Yoke any more since they work so well on the Xbox Controller (along with the Drone Cam controls), but it gives you an idea how you might want to set up your Skew or Drone Cam settings if you don't have a separate controller (highly recommended!). The key on mapping any "analog" inputs (Flight Controls, Engine Controls, etc.) is to use the "Axis" inputs - they are linear and not "digital" (all on / all off).

Sorry this is the only way I can figure to link to the screenshots. If I'm violating ToU let me know and I'll try another way ...

CH Flight Sim Config 1

CH Flight Sim Config 2

CH Flight Sim Config 3

CH Flight Sim Config 4

CH Flight Sim Config 5

There are some other Control set-up tutorials I've seen online so I didn't include any basic info here. If it would help to do a basic step-by-step using the CH Yoke as an example I'd be happy to! I know the MSFS Control Setup interface is different and seems complex, but it's workable once you get used to it and really isn't something that you have to touch once you get any unmapped peripherals working the way you want. 

Rick 

• Like 1

This appears to be a Hit-or-Miss problem. Some people can get all of their controllers running while others experience a mixed variety of success.
The CH pro pedals should be set to the Joystick L-Axis Z- or the Joystick L-Axis Z+. Note: The Z- and Z+ are Left/Right respectively. Your result will depend on which pedal you push to create the map. Toebrakes will be Joystick L-Axis X (left) and Joystick L-Axis Y (Right). Verify via the "Sensitivity" button. The CH Pro will map but the setting doesn't appear to translate to the game.

I have the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and it works fine. The pedals do not. I can map them but they are dead in-game.
I hope I'm correct in assuming the following will be corrected but I have to say. The controller page options is terrible. Where are all the mapping options for switches, levers, buttons? How about dual throttle setup? 

Microsoft/Xbox Studios need to place this problem into a high priority asap and get it fixed.

Edited by Sticks

Hi guys

I used Lorby's ahhs and ohhs free program and mapped my controls with that. Works fine but you have to do it with each aircraft. Once setup all appear to be working well

Paul

1 minute ago, paulj said:

Hi guys

I used Lorby's ahhs and ohhs free program and mapped my controls with that. Works fine but you have to do it with each aircraft. Once setup all appear to be working well

Paul

Link?

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

fhcraig

Thank you very much for posting those screen shots of the CH yoke bindings or settings. After setting everything up using your screen shots, the old CH yoke worked perfectly. Once again, many, many thanks.