Sign in to follow this  
Nedo68

Just got my Premium Deluxe DVD Version

and there is an digital code inside you can redeem the Flightsim in the MS Store, iI haven't even unpacked the DVD 😁

everything installed fine from online download, for starting no DVD is needed too.

Cu in the Skys!

tunjPWy.jpg

Edited by Nedo68
typo
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Nedo68 said:

and there is an digital code inside you can redeem the Flightsim in the MS Store, iI haven't even unpacked the DVD 😁

everything installed fine from online download, for starting no DVD is needed too.

Cu in the Skys!

Hi Nedo

Thanks for the post.  An important point for all who don't have the fiber now but could have it further down the road. When you buy the Aerosoft DVD you still can download the complete sim from the MS Store as if you had  purchased from them... Good to know. 

I still wonder how big is the initial update to download when you have the DVD install. 

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 minute ago, Dominique_K said:

Hi Nedo

Thanks for the post.  An important point for all who don't have the fiber now but could have it further down the road. When you buy the Aerosoft DVD you still can download the complete sim from the MS Store as if you had  purchased from them... Good to know. 

I still wonder how big is the initial update to download when you have the DVD install. 

yesterday i installed it online first with the gamepass just the standard version (I knew that the DVD's where on its way and would arrive tomorrow)

i flew then a few hours and today i just redeem the code that comes with the DVD version,

and it started to download the rest for the Premium Deluxe version.

Ok, that's interesting! I haven't bought MSFS yet but didn't consider boxed edition since it was said one would require DVD#1 in the drive at all times - even Aerosoft FAQ states that:

https://helpdesk.aerosoft.com/portal/en/kb/articles/microsoft-flight-simulator-disc-faq

Q) Do I need to keep the disc inserted to run Microsoft Flight Simulator?
A) Yes. Disc 1 will need to be inserted to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator to check the status of your activation.

If that's not the case then it's great!

Brilliant, thanks for confirming that! I ordered the physical version from Amazon, but received an email today informing me that they didn't have it in stock! 🤦‍♂️
I'll install it today via Game Pass and then activate it fully when my copy finally arrives 👍

Tim Nickerson

Saw they also had the DVD version in several Danish stores, I was considering picking it up. Wasn't sure it even contained a digital key and as pointed out above, saying it needed a disc in the drive at all times is a big no, especially as I haven't had a DVD drive in well over a decade. Would have liked it as a collection piece.  

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Exceptionally good news if that's the case, though can you confirm that the base simulator is not running from the Xbox Game Pass with your Premium Deluxe bundle (Deluxe and Premium Deluxe is considered DLC by the simulator) activated on top? Unless you want to keep it for other games, is it possible to cancel your subscription first and then confirm?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nedo68 said:

Cu in the Skys!

What do you actually get on the DVDs? As the full installation can get close to 90GB, I can’t see how most of it won’t be downloaded online making buying the DVD version pointless.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Would it be possible to post a photo of the keyboard control mapping chart they included in the box (I know it's in German but still useful...I am in Switzerland)? Thanks.

1 minute ago, vortex681 said:

What do you actually get on the DVDs? As the full installation can get close to 90GB, I can’t see how most of it won’t be downloaded online making buying the DVD version pointless.

The DVDs include all the content from the 91,36GB download. The core simulator which is about 1GB has to be downloaded from the Microsoft Store. Until the content starts getting updated, this is the only download that has to be made now.

13 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Exceptionally good news if that's the case, though can you confirm that the base simulator is not running from the Xbox Game Pass with your Premium Deluxe bundle (Deluxe and Premium Deluxe is considered DLC by the simulator) activated on top? Unless you want to keep it for other games, is it possible to cancel your subscription first and then confirm?

if i cancel gamepass right now, it will still be active up to 11. september.

I looked at the code again, it says premium deluxe preorder bought in the section what games i actually own, it have nothing to do with the gamepass.

11 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

Would it be possible to post a photo of the keyboard control mapping chart they included in the box (I know it's in German but still useful...I am in Switzerland)? Thanks.

3zKoTJJ.jpeg

Edited by Nedo68
aargh not sharp enough??

Cheers! Actually if anyone has one of these keyboard layouts in English to upload, this could be very useful to the wider community.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

The DVDs include all the content from the 91,36GB download. The core simulator which is about 1GB has to be downloaded from the Microsoft Store. Until the content starts getting updated, this is the only download that has to be made now.

But what about the updates from the last betas to the release ? The discs were pressed weeks ago. Only 1 GB ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

8 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

Cheers! Actually if anyone has one of these keyboard layouts in English to upload, this could be very useful to the wider community.

Thankfully it looks like they've kept the same keyboard layout as FSX? So if you have a keyboard layout for FSX it should work for FS2020 too 🙂

• Like 1

Tim Nickerson