Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Low level flight is ... amazing.

It's so fun to do low level flight in MSFS.  The scenery is awesome for low level flight.  Bravo to Asobo and Microsoft for making a next generation sim!

• Like 8

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I agree, I had a blast flying around Southern California.. theme parks, ports  beaches, mountains. Absolutely amazing. VFR flight in GA aircraft is finally fun and easy. I always stuck to airliners in past sims because I didn’t want to invest in high quality scenery required for VFR flight. Now we have it almost everywhere included in the base sim.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

And looking at the screenshot forum and what some have posted, it looks like a GA dream. What we’ve wanted for decades and never got until now. 

It finally arrives and the magenta following crowd complain their default airbus isn’t payware standard. * facepalm *

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Doug47 said:

It finally arrives and the magenta following crowd complain their default airbus isn’t payware standard. * facepalm *

Some of them are inventing conspiracy theories that Asobo tricked reviewers into giving this sim good reviews. 

• Like 2

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

Yeah I was entirely blown away by the level of detail in my home area.  Flew around a bit saw my house the big landmarks around here and it was really really detailed.  Definitely can do some serious VFR flying this way.

• Like 2

I flew over the house I grew up in (as most of us have done, I suspect). A non photogrammetry area. Every last detail of the (weird & somewhat convoluted) roof was correct and the autogen facade was highly convincing & correct for the region.

Flew across an obscure favourite town on a Greek island - everything spot on & incredibly convincing.

Took off from Calais and almost wanted to laugh out loud because the regional autogen was so good.

Flew over my sister's house in Wales & could pick out features in the garden.

Flew low over photogrammetry Brussels in the Caravan & was almost entirely convinced I was there in actuality.

I know we've had orthos, TE, etc in the past but this is something else entirely. Asobo have done an incredible job.

Yes I want study level aircraft, but I want to fly them over this world.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Nate1 said:

I flew over the house I grew up in (as most of us have done, I suspect). A non photogrammetry area. Every last detail of the (weird & somewhat convoluted) roof was correct and the autogen facade was highly convincing & correct for the region.

Flew across an obscure favourite town on a Greek island - everything spot on & incredibly convincing.

Took off from Calais and almost wanted to laugh out loud because the regional autogen was so good.

Flew over my sister's house in Wales & could pick out features in the garden.

Flew low over photogrammetry Brussels in the Caravan & was almost entirely convinced I was there in actuality.

I know we've had orthos, TE, etc in the past but this is something else entirely. Asobo have done an incredible job.

Yes I want study level aircraft, but I want to fly them over this world.

To be fair, the default GA aircraft are quite good in terms of their flight model and how they function.  The airliners though are far from “study level.”

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

7 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

To be fair, the default GA aircraft are quite good in terms of their flight model and how they function.  The airliners though are far from “study level.”

I don't know where in the world everyone got it in their heads that the airliners were going to be "study level." Lol crazy stuff isn't it haha

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

2 hours ago, pjs37 said:

Yeah I was entirely blown away by the level of detail in my home area.  Flew around a bit saw my house the big landmarks around here and it was really really detailed.  Definitely can do some serious VFR flying this way.

I was not originally sold on the fly over your own house challenge...with so many places to go...home seemed like it would be the last place i would fly.

Went to find my home, and the journey alone was awesome. Markets, stores, churches exact as real life....could not believe how surreal it was getting closer to my house...identifying baseball fields high schools as i got closer and closer.

...then finally, my home...same windows placements...trees in back and out front...my neighbors patio...

crazy....circling my home from above...

when they get helicopters, I will land at my house

• Like 3

VFR is best of all flight sims so far just the trim the planes get touchy for straight and level flight.  The photogrammetry settings I skipped it for now think its my internet connection and the fact need something beyond 2080 to feed it to make use of the bing data.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FlyBaby said:

crazy....circling my home from above...

I had a moment of panic that I was going to crash on top of my home. It felt almost too real. It feels different when everything looks so real vs a video game like every other sim.

• Like 1

My god. I just flew in a Cub over a nearby suburban/semi-rural town. It was incredible beyond words.The level of immersion is something I never thought I would ever have in low level flight in a sim. I'm almost speechless.

• Like 1