Sign in to follow this  
robert young

Shocking

9 minutes ago, Slides said:
28 minutes ago, craigeaglefire said:

To me the hype lives up to the claims. You can tell from the feel of flying in windy conditions, it's like nothing else before. Not saying everything is accurate of course. 

just tell me that, when I’m flying the R66 in LA TrueEarth with ASXP

• Upvote 1

It's happening immediately after take off, not just high up, sometimes plane will bank and nearly flip upside down unless I really pull hard. Now I realize planes have a tendency to pull a little in certain cases, but that's a bit much to say the least. Also I purposefully set 0mph wind, not sure if the sim changed it.

Edited by SceneryFX
  • Like 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

1 minute ago, SceneryFX said:

It's happening immediately after take off sometimes plane will bank and flip upside down.

Now THAT I never saw.

Control conflicts?  The autopilot trying to kill you?  Does it happen with calm winds on flat ground?  Something weird when transitioning from runway to flying?  Interference from your copilot?  

Too much of this sim is totally new, stuff we've never seen before, and there isn't a lot of documentation. (Understatement!) Getting everything set up and working is not always intuitive, even flying may not be obvious.

Somehow people are still getting it working.  And no one seems to know what causes the problems.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

6 minutes ago, craigeaglefire said:

just tell me that, when I’m flying the R66 in LA TrueEarth with ASXP

Why?

• Like 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

Being a programmer myself, there are a lot of variables here, impossible to say. Just need to compare it to another PC running a different controller is only way I'd know for sure.

Plus they included a lot of different planes, and I've noticed some planes do not seem to have the issue nearly as much as others. 

Edited by SceneryFX
  • Like 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

Also, I never used rudder or aileron trim.  That may be problematic for some aircraft.  The weathervaning on the ground is severe, but isn't a problem in flight.  If you're using rudder trim somehow to compensate for weathervaning, zero it out and use rudder instead.

It might help to make sure your aircraft lateral load is symmetrical.

Hook

Larry Hookins

I haven't seen any footage of the sim in completely "dead air" so I can't comment on that, but you are right it should be very smooth (on rails not really, P-factor and gyroscopic procession as examples...). With regards to the sim as a whole I definitely think it is still in what would be considered an early access stage, but I am very hopeful things will improve with time. Perhaps look at it this way, x-plane 9 came out in 2008 and it had some serious problems with the flight model in terms of realism, perhaps call them limitations. X-plane 11 came out in 2016 and was a massive improvement, that spans 8 years. Asobo has the Microsoft slush-fund to get things sorted out and has a much more comprehensive starting point when looking at all aspects of the simulator as whole when compared to x-plane (in my opinion). They've said they are looking at a 10 year road map. Things will get better with time, and since so many third party developers have signed on to adopt the new simulator (even exclusively with regards to new projects in some cases is my understanding?) I really doubt this sim will end up going the way of Microsoft flight... I think we just need to temper our short term expectations and give the developers both first and third party time to sort things out.

Edited by High_Alpha
  • Like 1

I found with the pitch and roll especially knocking down my sensitivity to - 30 a world of difference. Like you Rob it was almost impossible to control and lots of issues with handling GA aircraft. When i changed the sensitivity it is now as I would expect amd handles great. UI needs a bit of work. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Flying the 172 over l.a. right now real weather and it is calm, plane flying perfectly still with the occasional bump. Seems true to life for me. Usually in real life the air is rarely glass smooth. At least that's my experience. Evenings are usually pretty calm as it is right now in l.a.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, High_Alpha said:

With regards to the sim as a whole I definitely think it is still in what would be considered an early access stage

Agreed.  When has version 1.0 of anything been all that great? 😄 

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins