Sign in to follow this  
High_Alpha

Best "no compromise" VR headset for MSFS?

With the HP Reverb G2 being the first VR headset being supported by the new sim I am eager to jump in and buy it, but I want to know if I am better off waiting for other headsets to be supported. What is the best no compromise (or least compromise) VR headset available? How does the Pimax 8KX compare?

Edited by High_Alpha

Pimax 8KX (huge scalable FOV, 4K res, quirks)  or Reverb G2 (potato FOV, 4K res). I doubt we'll be able to use Pimax to full FOV potential anytime soon in MSFS so G2 is a reasonable choice.

What about Oculus? It worked OK for me in FSX and XPlane

Chris Brisland - the repainter known as EagleSkinner is back from the dead. Perhaps. Or maybe not.

System: Intel I9 32 GB RAM, nVidia RTX 3090 graphics 24 GB VRAM, three 32" Samsung monitors, Logitech yoke, pedals, switch panel, multi panel

Different league. I have Reverb G1, Oculus Rift and Samsung Odyssey. Reverb G1 was great but needed the refinements that are hopefully coming in the G2

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

I don't have a facebook account, which means if I get a Rift, it'll eventually be useless because they're going to start requiring an account.

I went with the G2 Reverb. The Pimax was tempting, but my spidey sense is going off about that company. I've seen other kickstarters that had similar vibes, like the Tiko 3d printer, and we all know how well that worked out. I just don't trust 'em enough to risk the money at this point.

I had to wait a year to get my replacement for my faulty pimax 5k+! So yes can´t recommend them. The replacement worked without issues though I sold it quickly because being fed up with them. The panels used was quite booring no colours and there was something with the 3D that was less 3D. Maybe the algorithm to get that wide fov without artifacts messed up with the 3D image? It just felt flatter then other VR headsets I owned. But otherwise it´s a real product it works but besides fov didn´t have anything that stood out.

Reverb G2 do appear to be the best bang for buck currently. Running half resolution mode it seem to perform well against Rift S. Still more demanding but not that much.
There is also Xtal VR that is of very high quality but an entirely different price range. But if you really want that fov it should work great I am certain!

I've got a Reverb G1 which is just fine for the time being, should the G2 drop in price next year or another new HMD comes out that's worthy of a look at then I might upgrade.

Got the G1 for just £437 last Black Friday sale so more than happy to hang on to it, great bit of kit, bit without its flaws but the image resolution makes up for most of them.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)