Sign in to follow this  
roi1862

Wind aloft simulated ?

For some reason from ground level up to FL100 in New York right now I am getting the same 3 Knots from from NE direction.

Roi Ben

From my tests, Live weather is not working at all in the US, while in Europe sometimes it's working correctly. Overally very bugged.

Live weather in Europe for me always has the wind at 3knts, regardless of anything else...

Yep in Europe as well. Pretty much its safe to say live weather need some major fixing.

• Like 2

Roi Ben

1 hour ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

In general, how does live weather compare to Active Sky weather in P3D? Accuracy, cloud layers, weather effects and all that?

If it works it is uncannily close to the real deal.

When I started my first flight in my area it was exactly like outside of my window.

Usually within the limited range of the weather stations in the older sims, and the need of interpolation there were always discrepancies, not in the least of which is that Metars get only updated every 30 minutes, some only every hour.

This here is, as far as I can tell only about 15 minutes behind, when it comes to precipitation zones.

As for winds aloft: I did my first Commercial Route test flight this morning between Catania and Milano and the winds aloft were accurate.

Edited by Farlis

Yesterday I was flying with the TBM at 21000ft, I don't know nothing about the wind aloft, but the turbulences generated from the clouds and the soil were there.

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).