Sign in to follow this  
ZIPPOzi

Skip splash intro in FS2020

8 hours ago, ZIPPOzi said:

-FastLaunch

this works for the steam version as well, just tested it.

• Like 2

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

3 hours ago, raymar said:

In the DEV mode I select Windows/Aircraft Selector and I get a small popup box showing the current Plane name and a space to insert something for the Filter.  I can see 1/2 a line showing another plane that I can select but I fail to see the full list of 30 planes.  Any ideas or suggestions on expanding the box or the list of available planes.  Any suggested choices for the Filter?

Thanks.

Yeah, it did the same thing to me the first time. You can drag to resize but it was tricky as heck. I remember thinking the first couple of tries, does this stupid thing not resize? Then all of a sudden I clicked on the exact correct line of pixels. lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FlyingUnk said:

Yeah, it did the same thing to me the first time. You can drag to resize but it was tricky as heck. I remember thinking the first couple of tries, does this stupid thing not resize? Then all of a sudden I clicked on the exact correct line of pixels. lol

OK thanks, I will mess around with resizing the box.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

15 hours ago, FlyingUnk said:

OK, thanks,  I finally found the magic spot for expanding the box is the lower right corner. Click and drag to fit. Very nice. I greatly appreciate you sharing this feature. 

• Like 2

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

4 hours ago, raymar said:

OK, thanks,  I finally found the magic spot for expanding the box is the lower right corner. Click and drag to fit. Very nice. I greatly appreciate you sharing this feature. 

I have had some crazy things happen while using this change airplanes feature. I've had the gauges, if in external view triple in size, and I've crashed my PC numerous times. In all fairness, I was purposely doing stupid things. IE: Climbing to 50,000 ft in the Longitude, diving and getting to 580 knots, then changing to the Icon A5 while over 40,000 feet and almost 600 knots. 😉 

On 8/20/2020 at 7:12 PM, EmaRacing said:

"press any key to continue" is the stupidest thing I've ever seen in games, also, it's usually the only option, you can't go back to windows from there, I'd like to hear an explanation from a programmer, it takes time to add such things, I just can't figure out WHY they do that.

That's when I power up the X-box controller. If you do it sooner than that, it can time out. If you do it after, it doesn't always connect and FS2020 sometimes crashes.

On 8/19/2020 at 6:15 PM, lagaffe said:

There is a simple solution: download and install the SDK.

In the SDK you have a program named fsdevmodelauncher.exe which launch MSFS skipping intros and videos so you gain 1 or 2 mn during the launch !

Hi

I finally found it after open DEV in 2020.

But what shall i do now?

Frans Gehl

On 8/20/2020 at 3:47 PM, AdvancedFollower said:

That's amazing! Almost as amazing as the fact that they thought only developers might want to change planes without sitting through two loading screens (one to get back to the main menu, one to load the new flight).

You should realize that the annoying task of having to restart a into a new flight just to change aircraft is an intentional one and by design. There are certain coding variables which are related to specific aircraft that become part of the "flight" instance that cannot be cleared or refreshed by simply loading a new aircraft into the same "flight".

We all learned this in previous versions of this sim (FSX and prior versions) where loading one aircraft after another (especially 3rd party which typically contained more coding variables) could, and often did, introduce bugs/anomalies into your flight. The only way to safeguard against that was to end your flight and reload into a new flight with the new aircraft. So, apparently we see that this aspect has translated over into msfs, unfortunately.

So, from my own experience in loading new aircraft via the developer mode menu (which is not vast by any stretch of the imagination)  I have found that, just like when you do this in FSX it can potentially cause issues in your flight and probably is not a good idea to use this method as your regular way of switching planes out. I believe it was placed here as an option for people who may need to test certain functionalities in limited ways and save some time. But you likely shouldn't rely upon it because you're bound to get burned in various ways.

BUMP

OK i tried this bat file to bypass the launch sequence...and not my launch of the sim, HANGS going into the load of a new departure point, UNLESS I go into SAFE MOD, and then I lose access to all my linked addons.

Does this BAT file permanently change stuff, if so how can a get back to default launching?

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3