Sign in to follow this  
ZIPPOzi

Skip splash intro in FS2020

4 hours ago, ZIPPOzi said:

The next step is now skip the "press a key to coninue..." would be great if we can arrive directly to the menu.... but maybe I'm asking too much.. 🙂

Reminded me of the Sega mega drive back in the early nineties

I actually find the lack of a splashscreen when the sim is first loading to be a bigger problem..

Any way to get it to show that it is doing something?

Bert

Kinda along the same train of thought, I would like to change out the wallpaper used while the blue line drags across the bottom of the screen. I am getting tired of looking at the C172 with the flaky Asobo registration number.

Anyone know how I can do this?

wait screen.JPG

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I'd also like to change my aircraft during flight without the need to load, reload, re-re-load, re-re-re-re-load everything.

• Like 2

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Yep, a slicker and faster method of changing planes has to be in the works.  Nobody like this present method.

• Like 1

I enjoy watching the short videos that play when the system is waiting for me to click on the yellow Ready to Fly box.  You get a good look at the plane you have chosen and  a look around the airport of choice.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, raymar said:

Yep, a slicker and faster method of changing planes has to be in the works.  Nobody like this present method.

thsi can be done via the developer console !

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

I'd also like to change my aircraft during flight without the need to load, reload, re-re-load, re-re-re-re-load everything.

In the main menu go to General, go down to developer, and turn on developer mode. Once you apply and save a little task bar shows up at the top left of the screen. Then anywhere in game, (even in flight) click on Windows, then click on aircraft selector. You can then pick whatever plane you feel like changing to! It does take a few moments to load, but Taaa Daaaa! No need to exit, re-plan a flight. 

I can't take credit for noticing this on my own. I found a helpful video from quil18 on YouTube:

Edited by FlyingUnk
  • Like 5

That's amazing! Almost as amazing as the fact that they thought only developers might want to change planes without sitting through two loading screens (one to get back to the main menu, one to load the new flight).

• Like 1

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

48 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I actually find the lack of a splashscreen when the sim is first loading to be a bigger problem..

Any way to get it to show that it is doing something?

Are you saying that disabling the Asobo/Xbox/Blackshark intros isnt saving you 30sec in load time, and instead it just hangs in limbo for the same amount of time?  If that is the case then I'd rather keep the splash screens too.  Hopefully someone can confirm? 

Edited by Heli

10 minutes ago, FlyingUnk said:

In the main menu go to General, go down to developer, and turn on developer mode. Once you apply and save a little task bar shows up at the top left of the screen. Then anywhere in game, (even in flight) click on Windows, then click on aircraft selector. You can then pick whatever plane you feel like changing to! It does take a few moments to load, but Taaa Daaaa! No need to exit, re-plan a flight. 

Allright, thanks! Useful 🙂

• Like 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Duplicate post

Edited by joec63

Semper Fi 

27 minutes ago, Heli said:

Are you saying that disabling the Asobo/Xbox/Blackshark intros isnt saving you 30sec in load time, and instead it just hangs in limbo for the same amount of time?  If that is the case then I'd rather keep the splash screens too.  Hopefully someone can confirm? 

No, I did not say that..

Bert

In the DEV mode I select Windows/Aircraft Selector and I get a small popup box showing the current Plane name and a space to insert something for the Filter.  I can see 1/2 a line showing another plane that I can select but I fail to see the full list of 30 planes.  Any ideas or suggestions on expanding the box or the list of available planes.  Any suggested choices for the Filter?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Heli said:

Well it seems so, it still takes the time and you get to a black screen where it says Press any key to continue...

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD