Sign in to follow this  
ZIPPOzi

Skip splash intro in FS2020

I was wondering if I could save time skipping the annoying advertising during the startup of FS2020. I found some files stored here: "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Packages\fs-base-onboarding\logos\" and they are 3 files .mp4. I'd like to rename, move, substitute but I cannot operate in that folder, because a pop up requires me to be Administrator (and I am!). Any other solutions?

Edited by ZIPPOzi

Those files are in the "protected" section of the C drive.  You may have to do a search on how to make the changes.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Look at the reply from the Microsoft agent, that should allow you to gain full access to a UWP folder and make changes; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-windows-apps-hidden-folder-and-why-cant-i/40a60508-c409-422a-af92-bd51fe5a4ca9

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

i tried everything.. all security options and still it dosent let me delete or rename them.. also tried the "take ownership" command

I'm still downloading (let alone installing, running, etc) but I've wondered this too.  So if you find a solution, please share it.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

There is a simple solution: download and install the SDK.

In the SDK you have a program named fsdevmodelauncher.exe which launch MSFS skipping intros and videos so you gain 1 or 2 mn during the launch !

• Like 8

Best regards, Didier "Lagaffe"

Boitier HAF 932 / ASUS Z390 STRIX-F Gaming / i9 9900K / Cruxial Ballistic 32 Go à 3200 Ghz / Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti / 34" Samsung FreeSync 21:9
SSD: Samsung 1To + 2 Cruxial 256 Go / Stockage : WD 4To et WD 2 To / Hotas Warthog and Throttle Cougar

Found a cleaner, more permanent way to skip the silly non-skippable intro splash screens without having to download anything or modify the game files.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MicrosoftFlightSim/comments/icrc4c/psa_to_skip_the_intro_videos_and_logos_set/

There are instructions further down in the thread on how to do it for the Microsoft Store version.

Edited by AdvancedFollower
  • Like 10

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Nice job lagaffe and AdvancedFollower, the shortcut with this address C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App "-FastLaunch" , works. I save my time with no adds.

• Like 2

The next step is now skip the "press a key to coninue..." would be great if we can arrive directly to the menu.... but maybe I'm asking too much.. 🙂

6 minutes ago, ZIPPOzi said:

The next step is now skip the "press a key to coninue..." would be great if we can arrive directly to the menu.... but maybe I'm asking too much.. 🙂

Why would they even introduce nonsense like that.

Like, who wouldn't want to continue? Why even add that stuff...

Some products can automate press key like AutoHotKeys so with the cmd line and AutoHotKeys it should be possible.

Best regards, Didier "Lagaffe"

Boitier HAF 932 / ASUS Z390 STRIX-F Gaming / i9 9900K / Cruxial Ballistic 32 Go à 3200 Ghz / Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti / 34" Samsung FreeSync 21:9
SSD: Samsung 1To + 2 Cruxial 256 Go / Stockage : WD 4To et WD 2 To / Hotas Warthog and Throttle Cougar

I hope asobo give us an option to deactivate all videos, screens, and "press any key to continue" in the menus, in the future

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

Thanks for the tip!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

"press any key to continue" is the stupidest thing I've ever seen in games, also, it's usually the only option, you can't go back to windows from there, I'd like to hear an explanation from a programmer, it takes time to add such things, I just can't figure out WHY they do that.

• Like 1

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

4 hours ago, ZIPPOzi said:

Nice job lagaffe and AdvancedFollower, the shortcut with this address C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App "-FastLaunch" , works. I save my time with no adds.

Could someone with knowledge also add the correct command to start it as administrator. Would like to paste it into a .bat file

Thx!

CPU: Ryzen 5600 no OC, MB: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: 32GB DDR 3600, GPU: RX6900XT, 2TB SDD, Res: WQHD