Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AntillesFlyer

Aviators Club livery pack

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if this is still due to come out in the near future. I just read an article advising that it's free from the 19th Aug until the 30th Sept (being charged after then), and will add a number of liveries for us to use!

https://twinfinite.net/2020/08/microsoft-flight-simulator-change-aircraft-livery-color/

I'm really looking forward to seeing them. 🙂 

Many thanks

Brendon

Brendon Isaac

Me thinks liveries this time around are going to be mostly payware - may be a lot tougher to paint these birds than in the past and that wasnt easy - not sure until I see how its implemented this time around

Rich Sennett

I've been checking the marketplace all day since they said it was supposed to be available starting today.  I saw a sample of some blue Microsoft livery and it looked pretty cool but I wonder what's up with it not being available yet?

6 minutes ago, Troyair One said:

I've been checking the marketplace all day since they said it was supposed to be available starting today.  I saw a sample of some blue Microsoft livery and it looked pretty cool but I wonder what's up with it not being available yet?

Maybe they got the date wrong, or there's some sort of technical issue with it

1 hour ago, Richard Sennett said:

may be a lot tougher to paint these birds than in the past and that wasnt easy - not sure until I see how its implemented this time around

Someone has already made and released a Saudia livery on the official forums, and there are some other WIP examples in the thread.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/creating-custom-liveries/124404/287?u=tuskin38

fk1Agxc.png

Right now it requires you to edit the base plane config to add them like in P3D/FSX but maybe when they release these free ones the addon makers can study those figure out how to do it without editing the original plane.

They changed release time for liveries from 19th, to next week... I guess, they are waiting for update at 27th of August...

Miran Bunderla

21 minutes ago, oscarbcn78 said:

Hi guys,

Any news about the aviator´s club livery pack?

Thank you.

I had a look earlier today but still no sign of it. I'm thinking that the initial teething issues may have pushed it into the 2nd patch.

Touch wood. 

Brendon Isaac

It's going to be on the Marketplace as an optional download and there are well documented issues with the Marketplace right now, I imagine once this is addressed it will be added.

Wasn't there an issue with the marketplace that is supposed to be resolved as of September 10th?

If so, I'd assume that's when you should look.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.