Sign in to follow this  
Zeke P

BlackCat Simulations L1011 Tristar Series

Well, it seems as if there is no section in these forums for aircraft development so I thought I might as well post it here :). 

This thread is dedicated to the development of the L1011 Tristar Series Aircraft. These aircraft (Yes, there will be multiple variants) have been under development for the last 7 months and are almost done being modeled. The aircraft will be sold as payware products and will be highly detailed. Any questions, concerns, or comments regarding the project can be directed to myself here in this thread, but preferably in my new discord which can be found HERE . 

Cheers!

Zeke

BlackCat Simulations

P.S. I will leave you with the latest cockpit render :) (Apologies for the blurriness as there is a lot of noise/grain in the render and additionally the compression of the image as it has to be in .jpeg format)

80c61c745a530b3d9195dcc390e9a180.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Martin Byrde said:

will this be for xp11 or xp12?  

Considering there is no XP12, it's safe to say it's XP11 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tonywob said:

i understand xp12 is not released yet but will your L1011 make it on time for xp11 or will it release around the same time as xp12...1-2yrs from now maybe.  The inibuilds a300 released last week($90-100usd) and many people didn't buy it since xp11 is old now and msfs 2020 just released.

How many additional more months or years will your L1011 be in development?

2 hours ago, tonywob said:

lol sorry i replied to you by accident, my reply was for blackcat😁

Edited by Martin Byrde

50 minutes ago, Martin Byrde said:

i understand xp12 is not released yet but will your L1011 make it on time for xp11 or will it release around the same time as xp12...1-2yrs from now maybe.  The inibuilds a300 released last week($90-100usd) and many people didn't buy it since xp11 is old now and msfs 2020 just released.

How many additional more months or years will your L1011 be in development?

@Martin ByrdeThis will be for Xplane 11. Laminar Research has always been great about cross compatibility from one specific version to another, so, it really shouldn't be hard to get in Xplane 12. The L1011 has already been in development for 7 months as I previously stated, and there is really no telling how long it will take, especially considering that it is being developed by a two-man team. Hope I answered all your questions thoroughly :)

Zeke

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

First day buy and XP11 install for me 🙂

Will have to trash MFS though - well, it's trashed already 🙂 - because I don't have enough space in my small 240 GB SSD 🙂

- And they say SSDs are subject to wearing compared to "spin" disks 🙂 ... Ehehehe, silly, they should consult the UNINSTALLER !!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

lol I was just thinking last night I should see if there is a good X-Plane Tristar add-on can't wait for this to come out!

Ooops 😞

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

6 hours ago, Airboeing said:

Yes

Very sad to hear; hope the project will still be finished.
However, thanks for the reply.