Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

Reverse Thrusters

Hello - I was trying to figure my way around the A320, which actually controls okay much to my surprise. However, I can't seem to figure out how to configure the reverse thrusters as they are disengaged on the ground perpetually. Any ideas?

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

There's a reverse thrust toggle in the settings. If you map a button to that, then pushing the throttle forward after hitting that button will pull the plane's throttles into reverse. Hit the button again to restore normal throttle.

There are two reverse mappings that you're going to want to assign - one is for jets, and the other is for turboprops.

21 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

Hello - I was trying to figure my way around the A320, which actually controls okay much to my surprise. However, I can't seem to figure out how to configure the reverse thrusters as they are disengaged on the ground perpetually. Any ideas?

Cheers, Pete

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

26 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

I just can't get this to work right. The reverse thrust keeps engaging and then disengaging. I don't understand how this is so complicate. I assigned joystick buttons but nothing stays.

Cheers, Pete

1 minute ago, PilotPete99 said:

I just can't get this to work right. The reverse thrust keeps engaging and then disengaging. I don't understand how this is so complicate. I assigned joystick buttons but nothing stays.

Cheers, Pete

What controls are you using for a throttle? As in do you have a throttle, or using keyboard? Or?

Just now, PilotPete99 said:

Cheers, Pete

I mapped the hold reverse thrust to one of my joystick's buttons.  To use it, I have to hold down the hold reverse thrust button on my joystick, and then push the throttle forward - this simulates a reverse thrust. 

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

4 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

What controls are you using for a throttle? As in do you have a throttle, or using keyboard? Or?

Just using a MadCatz Joystick. I have never felt so stupid before.

Cheers, Pete

When I press the button I mapped, the reverse thrust diesengages, and then re-engages with no other inputs. I am at a complete loss. Basically the reverse thrust will not stay in a closed position.

Cheer, Pete

Edited by PilotPete99

So are you using the keyboard for throttle then? Or does the joystick have a throttle axis?

8 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

When I press the button I mapped, the reverse thrust diesengages, and then re-engages with no other inputs. I am at a complete loss.

Cheer, Pete

Edited by cwburnett

I wish reverse could be activated and powered by moving the throttle lever back in reversemode - this is how it works on Xplane for example and feels way more realistc. Moving the lever back to kick in the reverse and then move the lever forward again to add reverse power feels wrong.

Or am I missing something?

Edited by flightsim1818

On my Hotas Warthog, the only way to make the Thrust reverse work, is to map the "Decrease throttle/thrust" to the throttle lever detent (buttons 29 and 30).

The dedicated reverse thrust inputs did not work here.

Edited by Claviateur
  • Upvote 1

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998