Sign in to follow this  
tommy10101

Pc getting very hot - big stutters

1 hour ago, OHN767 said:

Im  using a 1080TI, and i have no stutters at all.

The performance is appalling for me. I have a 1080Ti as well, plus the rest of my specs:

Windows 10 Pro
Core i5-6500 3.2Ghz
16GB RAM
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
GTX1080Ti

70MB Internet Connection

The game takes ages to load, so at least  2 minutes to get to the main menu, then another two minutes minimum to get into a flight.

Framerate is poor, running in High with resolution set to 1440p. Changing to medium makes no difference. Poor is at least 15-20 fps.

I have the game set to 60fps VSYNC on. VSYNC off no difference. 30FPS, no difference.

I get at least 10 seconds pauses every 2 minutes.

In short, its terrible. I can run Star Citizen practically flawlessly, and we know what state that is in currently!

Not an impressed user. I have no idea what can fix this performance and i dont understand how others with lesser specs say they have great performance.

Finally i turned data streaming off and it didnt change the performance.

Are you using anything with SimConnect, such as Spad.next, vatsim, Ivao, any other moving map that interfaces with the sim such as little navmap etc, or other external panels? Maybe you have something running in the background from fsx/p3d that is using simconnect.

If so you have to turn these OFF. It's causing horrible stutters.

Edited by dikkeduif

13 minutes ago, Algren77 said:

Windows 10 Pro
Core i5-6500 3.2Ghz
16GB RAM
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
GTX1080Ti

Not 100% sure, but worth checking into, I think I read somewhere that older quad core CPUs might not be that great for this sim. I just can't seem to find the thread anymore, so don't take my word for it. Maybe take a look at the official forums as well.

There were a bunch of people having similar issues and they were all on older 6500 6600 CPUs.

1 minute ago, dikkeduif said:

Not 100% sure, but worth checking into, I think I read somewhere that older quad core CPUs might not be that great for this sim. I just can't seem to find the thread anymore, so don't take my word for it. Maybe take a look at the official forums as well.

There were a bunch of people having similar issues and they were all on older 6500 6600 CPUs.

Thank you, i'll check out the official forum. Also i dont run any extras or other panels, so it should be a standard out of the box setup.

Hi Guys

This is my view of this new flight simulator. Its terrible!

Yes the graphic candy of the landscape is good, but the graphic engine is terrible. It looks like it was done in the eighties and has an awful display. However, this is my problem. I am getting wild FPS fluctuations ie 3 - 44fps and it happens no matter what settings I use. It appears to alter every few seconds and it makes the sim unplayable.

I have  FX 9370 4.4ghz 8 core processor CPU, and a GTX 970 GPU.

Yes I know its not stae of art but it still runs most software at 1080 easily at 30fps or more...60 in world of tanks etc

Anyone got any ideas?

Maybe FSX is OK after all.

Turn off background apps. Especially virus checkers. Turn on game mode in Windows

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

8 minutes ago, Slides said:

Turn off background apps. Especially virus checkers. Turn on game mode in Windows

A better plan would be to test game mode. I get better frames with it off on an AMD card.

Opps worng post wrong place

Edited by SirDan

Regarding your PC getting hot. Have you given your PC inside a cursory inspection for dust build up? Fans, heat-sink fins, etc.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.