Sign in to follow this  
tommy10101

Pc getting very hot - big stutters

These stutters are making it unplayable for me. There are lots of micro stutters and then 1-2 second full screen pauses thrown in there as well. The times it is not stuttering you can see the sim running very smoothly, so it is possible. Somthing is causing these horrible stutters. Running on high settings, gtx1070 with the latest drivers.

i am away from my pc at the moment so haven’t had a chance to try out any fixes but I hope it can be fixed. I hear people talking of a perfectly smooth sim. Mine is nowhere near that. Also the pc is getting hotter than I have ever felt it before. Just seems not optimised to me at all.

i have seen many suggestions 

Lock at 60 FPS, change monitor settings

turn on hyper threading 

turn off rolling cache

increase rolling cache size (I have tried this and didn’t help) 

turn off vsync (didn’t help)

Roll back to previous nvidia drivers 

For everyone one of these, there is at least one person saying it didn’t work for them.

shame I am having to tweak things like this:( maybe a global problem with the 1000 series nvidia cards? 

Edited by tommy10101
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Or here’s hoping that 1.6gb update will solve it for me when I get a chance to install it. What are the chances?

You didn't say how hot, but modern hardware throttles when it starts to overheat. Add some better fans to your case if possible, if it is really getting that hot.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

Every once in a while I have the sim go down to single digit FPS for 5 seconds or so. I've concluded this is caused by downloading and processing scenery when flying in a new area. I fixed my constant stutters by going into task manager and ending the task lightingservice.exe. So check what is running on your PC in the background I have a theory that MSFS isn't playing nice with some programs. 

• Like 2

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

These are not the initial stutters that you get when you first load a flight. I can forgive it that when everything is loading in.

these stutters continue for the whole flight 

i5 7500, SSD, 16gb RAM, gtx1070

my pc doesn’t over heat for any other game. Why should I have to buy extra fans to run mfs2020 when the majority of people I hear are running it perfectly smoothly:(

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, tommy10101 said:

These are not the initial stutters that you get when you first load a flight. I can forgive it that when everything is loading in.

these stutters continue for the whole flight 

i5 7500, SSD, 16gb RAM, gtx1070

my pc doesn’t over heat for any other game. Why should I have to buy extra fans to run mfs2020 when the majority of people I hear are running it perfectly smoothly:(

Hard to say, not many games peg the Memory-GPU-CPU-Disk to this extent all at once like MSFS does, most games just peg 1 of the 3. It's the combination of all of the load that may be increasing the heat.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

My fans start roaring while in the options menu.  No scenery, no plane—just the blurry background hangar animation.

• Like 1

Yes, my Asus gtx 1070 ti runs 82 C, it was born that way, it has the blower fan. MSFS pushes the CPU always in the 70's. It is as SceneryFX says, its the game. 

24 minutes ago, jrboddie1 said:

My fans start roaring while in the options menu.  No scenery, no plane—just the blurry background hangar animation.

Does it run hotter than your average game? That's exceptionally weird. Even with my very old system, the menu and hangar are relatively light compared to flying.

1 hour ago, tommy10101 said:

These stutters are making it unplayable for me. There are lots of micro stutters and then 1-2 second full screen pauses thrown in there as well. The times it is not stuttering you can see the sim running very smoothly, so it is possible. Somthing is causing these horrible stutters. Running on high settings, gtx1070 with the latest drivers.

i am away from my pc at the moment so haven’t had a chance to try out any fixes but I hope it can be fixed. I hear people talking of a perfectly smooth sim. Mine is nowhere near that. Also the pc is getting hotter than I have ever felt it before. Just seems not optimised to me at all.

i have seen many suggestions 

Lock at 60 FPS, change monitor settings

turn on hyper threading 

turn off rolling cache

increase rolling cache size (I have tried this and didn’t help) 

turn off vsync (didn’t help)

Roll back to previous nvidia drivers 

For everyone one of these, there is at least one person saying it didn’t work for them.

shame I am having to tweak things like this:( maybe a global problem with the 1000 series nvidia cards? 

Would have more significance if system spec were included.  Radiator?  Fans?  Case?  Understand the mention of no other games...  But this is a new kid on the block.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, tommy10101 said:

30hz TV, and vsync @60fps worked for me and many others...

• Like 1

I have 100% CPU usage, all cores, with heavy stutters and low FPS, when the game is loading new terrain along the flight session.

Another bug of the release version

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FlyBaby said:

30hz TV, and vsync @60fps worked for me and many others...

Works for me combined with turning off rolling cache, smooth as butter. I’m able to run high settings with clearly a powerful PC, specs in signature.

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2