Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

Lorby AxisAndOhs released

Hello @ll,

Lorby AxisAndOhs has been released as payware on SimMarket (since I have been asked about donation buttons, but those are not an option unfortunately)

AxisAndOhs is an external application that replaces the controller (=yokes, joysticks, etc) logic in

• FSX Acceleration, FSX:SteamEdition
  • P3D V2 - 3 - 4 - 5
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020)

The app supports native Windows USB Game Controller devices and MIDI devices.

AxisAndOhs will also handle Saitek Multi, Radio and Switchpanels. Up to 3 Saitek FlightInformationPanels ("FIP") can be used as well. For owners of Saitek gear there is an option to run the FIP display as "virtual" instruments, that you can drag anywhere on your desktop (for example to another screen)

PLEASE TRY THE DEMO VERSION FIRST, TO MAKE SURE THAT YOUR HARDWARE IS SUPPORTED! 
There will be no refunds, and there won't be any support for non-functional hardware. 
The DEMO version is available on the Lorby-SI website, at the bottom of the PRODUCTS page.

IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR USERS OF THE RECENTLY RELEASED Microsoft Flight Simulator: the current release version 1.7.12.0 of MSFS is prone to stutters and performance degradation when using SimConnect apps like AxisAndOhs. Microsoft/Asobo have announced a patch, but that may still be a while out. This is not really a problem when using only the flight control assignment features, but you will notice it when you try to connect Saitek panels. The time limit on the MSFS demo version has been removed for the time being.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

I for one, applaud your commitment, Oliver! :cool: 🍻

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

5 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

I for one, applaud your commitment, Oliver! :cool: 🍻

Thank you and CinCin.

To be honest, this is not going quite as planned. But what would life be without surprises...

Best regards

• Like 1

LORBY-SI

I've just watched the video for setting up joystick etc. with Axis and Oh's I do not think anyone would be able to mess that up - it looks so intuitive. :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Oliver, I'm interested in buying two of these: http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod-bak/fip.html
Does your program work for SAITEK Pro Flight Instrument Panels?

There are no P3D v5 drivers on the official Saitek website and your description states "Up to 3 Saitek Flight Information Panels ("FIP")" instead of Flight *Instrument* Panels.
Just wondering if these are the same as in the link and compatible before I buy both the hardware and your software.

Thanks.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 hours ago, F737NG said:

There are no P3D v5 drivers on the official Saitek website and your description states "Up to 3 Saitek Flight Information Panels ("FIP")" instead of Flight *Instrument* Panels.
Just wondering if these are the same as in the link and compatible before I buy both the hardware and your software.

Yes those are the same devices. Don't know where I picked up the "Information" bit, I will change that. The limitation to 3-4 FIPs is because the Logitech/Saitek driver is so slow, and if you have more devices they are just too sluggish.

But you should be pretty safe, AFAIK there is a P3D V4 plugin from Logitech that works with V5 too. And there is SPADNext.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

6 hours ago, airbearfed said:

Any other way to get it?

Not yet. It will be on JustFlight eventually, but that will have to wait until the SimConnect issues in MSFS have been resolved. 

You can always use the Demo version, the MSFS variant is not time limited.

Best regards

LORBY-SI